Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I brought my 03 about 4 months ago, and it has ~55k miles on it now. needless to say, warranty is gone. My cluster has also failed and I am just furious, especially after seeing all these threads in regards to it. I'm not too excited about forking out 500 to a dealer that knows of a problem.

What should I do? Dealer hop until they replace it? Bite the bullet and fork out 500? Do it myself save a few nickels?

I don't see how this has not hit recall level yet

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
they are easy to switch out. you can buy one used, not sure how to correct for the mileage though. whatever mileage is stored on the used one is what will show up when you install it.

·
Registered
16,973 Posts
If you don't want to spend the money just keep an eye out on ebay. Best I can tell you now. I know you can go to usspeedo, they have them too.. Talk to your dealer and see about getting it replaced for free.. I don't think they should have an issue with that. Never hurts to try..

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have had my gage cluster go dead a couple times. Like you I was ready to get it replaced. I found by pulling the 10 amp fuse under the hood. Will bring the cluster back to life. I think it has a label of DIC or something close.

I think mine is due to low battery. Only happens after the truck is sitting a couple days.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
148 Posts
My cluster was giving me a lot of problems and all that was wrong with it was my batteries were getting weak. I replaced my batteries about a year ago and they have been working great.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
I brought my 03 about 4 months ago, and it has ~55k miles on it now. needless to say, warranty is gone. My cluster has also failed and I am just furious, especially after seeing all these threads in regards to it. I'm not too excited about forking out 500 to a dealer that knows of a problem.

What should I do? Dealer hop until they replace it? Bite the bullet and fork out 500? Do it myself save a few nickels?

I don't see how this has not hit recall level yet
Does it completely not work? It might be covered under the emissions warranty, which gives you more time. I know it is covered for certain things that go wrong with it. If it comes to it forking over money, you can go aftermarket and have some nice display. It shouldn't be too much more for something custom.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Mine done same thing completly dead only DIC working, pull 10 amp fuse located under hood marked DIC, I pulled and cleaned it, after that has been working fine. It quit about 4 months after I replace my batteries.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts