Diesel Place banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tonight i was on the highway in my 04.5 crew cab 4x4 max and some jerk was running right beside me and wasnt letting me over so i jammed to gas for no more than 3 or 4 seconds to get around him and once i got over the truck did some funky stuff. It would shift fine and downshift fine, just not roll more than 2000 rpms. At first i though i had limped to tranny but light on dash and truck still shifted fine from a stop 4 or 5 times. Once i finally got off the highway and stopped i shut the truck off and started it back up and all was good.

I have a diablo predator set on 100 tune and 3 inch straight pipe. Everyone says that when you limp a ally it will stay in one gear. It shifted fine. Please help.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
sorry, did some more searching on here and found that probably bad fuel filter. I love this site. So much info, without this site i would be CLUELESS. THANX DIESEL PLACE

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wow, just changed fuel filter and man this thing is running GREAT. I dont know how the tranny and fuel filter are connected but the tranny shifts way better. ?

·
Registered
4,796 Posts
Don'tcha love a thread where you can ask a question, answer it (via search) and then give an update without anyone else having to add a single comment? :D

I'm glad that you got everything figured out.

·
Registered
339 Posts
You may have popped the fuel pressure relief valve aswell. It will reset after eng. off for a few seconds..

·
Registered
6,810 Posts
Don'tcha love a thread where you can ask a question, answer it (via search) and then give an update without anyone else having to add a single comment? :D

I'm glad that you got everything figured out.
:lol:

good chance you limped the tranny as well though

1 - 6 of 6 Posts