Diesel Place banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to put a RCD 6" with ProComp 6001 18x9.5 with Procomp Xtream AT 12.5x35x18. Will this be a good fit for my 07.5 LMM Shortbed?

Thanks

·
Registered
898 Posts
In my garage you'll see a 7" cognito (set @8"} with 8" Deavers and 35 Pro comp XAT's on 18X9 Rockstars.

Ive had a few people tell me the tires look too small for the lift. It probably would look better with 37's, but its going to be much easier and cheaper to drop it. Im dropping it down to 7" in front and 6" in the rear. Should look quite a bit better.

So, in short, yes. I think that combo will look good.

·
Registered
891 Posts
should be perfect, nice rims also, i'm not a big fan of the extreame all terains, they don't ride very well IMO. I've never had anything other than swapers either. my iroks were beter i think. better traction in the rain with pro comps. it rains every day in western washington.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Not many choices in 35X12.5 AT, most other 35X12.5 are MT or are 13.5. I think Cooper was my only other 12.5 option.

I went with the XAT's because of that reason alone, on a 5" BS wheel to keep them "tucked" as much as possible.

·
Registered
891 Posts
18" rims are becoming the new 17"s, it's hard to find them in 6 and 5 lug applications but you can get a lot of 18's in the 8 lug configuration. I don't know why the tire company's aren't making 18's in the most popular 35X12.50 size.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have a unique question... Im wanting to put a 35/12.50/20 Tire wheeel combo on my LMM. Have a leveling kit and 285/75/16 now with clearance. Would this combo clear without a lift if i used a BFH to do some (minor) mods, front inner fender has been cut for the buckstop.?

·
Registered
891 Posts
no way

·
Registered
443 Posts
I have a unique question... Im wanting to put a 35/12.50/20 Tire wheeel combo on my LMM. Have a leveling kit and 285/75/16 now with clearance. Would this combo clear without a lift if i used a BFH to do some (minor) mods, front inner fender has been cut for the buckstop.?
I know three people in Tuscaloosa as a matter of fact with 35s on LMMs. One is a member here Lbbest. Search his name and look under the post 35s LMM no lift. My buddy doesnt even have stock wheels. All you need is keys and a hammer and they will fit. Theres more than that down here in T town but these are the guys I know personally. It can be done.

Edit: I found it real quick for ya.....enjoy
http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/showthread.php?t=175860&highlight=35's+lmm+lift

·
Registered
443 Posts
I happened to like my Extreme ATs. I had them on my old Z71 and they were awesome. They are the best looking all terrain out there but are still qiuet and ride smooth. Thats what I wanted on my Dmax but the 315s were not out when I got new ones.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I know three people in Tuscaloosa as a matter of fact with 35s on LMMs. One is a member here Lbbest. Search his name and look under the post 35s LMM no lift. My buddy doesnt even have stock wheels. All you need is keys and a hammer and they will fit. Theres more than that down here in T town but these are the guys I know personally. It can be done.

Edit: I found it real quick for ya.....enjoy
http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/showthread.php?t=175860&highlight=35's+lmm+lift
"All you need is ... and a hammer." Don't take this the wrong way, I believe you and I bet it looks great, but I almost spit out my drink when I read that!

·
Registered
443 Posts
Haha, thats funny. Its not for the faint of heart, but you cannot tell, unless you know what you are looking for. Big tires with no lift is how we do it, "southern style"

·
Registered
84 Posts
Haha, thats funny. Its not for the faint of heart, but you cannot tell, unless you know what you are looking for. Big tires with no lift is how we do it, "southern style"
Thanks for the info cumminstrokthis! A good friend of mine lives in T-Town, i thought i had seen big wheels and rubber on LMM's before. I figured the BFH would come in handy!
Considering im gonna do it Southern Style of course!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Most of you guys that are running a 18" wheel have a 9" wide with a 6" lift. Do any of you know if a 18x9.5 will wok wih no problems?

Thanks

·
Registered
144 Posts
I have the Procomp 6001 18x9.5 w/ Mickey Thompson ATZ 33x13.50 with no lift. I did cut some metal to make them fit good and my t-bars are only cranked 3/4 up. You really can't even tell that I cut it unless your looking for it. I painted it back and then put undercoating on and it looks stock. I think you will be fine with your combo, I know I could fit 35x13.50 on mine with a 4 inch lift. If your willing to go to a 13.50 tire there are some more options out there for 35s. Like Nitto terra grapplers, Mickey Thompson ATZ, and Dick Cepek FC-II to name a few. They fit good on the wheel and look really good in my opinion.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts