Diesel Place banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My truck is taking longer to start then normal. I use to turn the key and it would fire up right away now it is taking a few seconds.

I did change the fuel filter today and finished installing my attitude and thermocupler. I have been running the truck with the Edge for about 2 weeks with no problems.

Any idea's would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks for your help

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
Does it do it with the Juice disconnected?Early on with the LB7 we discovered that it takes a
couple extra seconds to light up perhaps because of the extra communication through the Juice.

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
My truck is taking longer to start then normal. I use to turn the key and it would fire up right away now it is taking a few seconds.

I did change the fuel filter today and finished installing my attitude and thermocupler. I have been running the truck with the Edge for about 2 weeks with no problems.

Any idea's would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks for your help
It never happened when I had my Juice V1.0 or 1.2. Truck always just kicks right over. Could be winter fuel perhaps? I'm in southern cal so we don't get the winter fuel down here.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Bad battery?? If it's cranking slower then it should you would experience the same issue.

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
My truck was doing the same exact thing for the first few days that my VA180 was installed. After a day or two it just returned to normal. I sorta shrugged it off.

·
Registered
693 Posts

That's what my truck started doing when the injectors started going bad. Excessive return rates and unable to build fuel pressure. It could be cranking longer to build fuel pressure - possible causes are injectors, fuel pump, or fuel pressure regulator.

My truck went from the hard start scenario that you describe to a "no start" situation in 3-4 days time. I would take it into the dealer and have them check the injectors - I believe mine was diagnosed by checking the return rates.

Are you using a lubricity additive? How many miles on the truck?

jeff

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
jmg343 how does the truck run with that stack how much power are they set at

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
jmg343 how does the truck run with that stack how much power are they set at
try not to go off topic, Mods get pissed as do other board members.

But, both are on kill VA180 and Predator2.20 on 100. The stack works well. Although, if I floor it, as opposed to gradually roll on the throttle, from a standstill, I will occassionally get a single burst at the top of 3rd gear. I am hoping that this will not happen when I add lift pumps, a new pickup, and the PPE Hot+2!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's what my truck started doing when the injectors started going bad. Excessive return rates and unable to build fuel pressure. It could be cranking longer to build fuel pressure - possible causes are injectors, fuel pump, or fuel pressure regulator.

My truck went from the hard start scenario that you describe to a "no start" situation in 3-4 days time. I would take it into the dealer and have them check the injectors - I believe mine was diagnosed by checking the return rates.

Are you using a lubricity additive? How many miles on the truck?

jeff
I have 6500 miles on the truck and I have used stanadyne additive from day one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts