Diesel Place banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Is anyone else having this problem? My truck will not shift right with it. If I stab it and try running thru the gears it hits the rev limit every gear and kills the engine.... every shift until it drops back down to 2500.... :mad: Not a fun ride with the truck jerking back and forth fueling and defueling.

This is on the 1/29 release.... although my truck does it with NO enhancement a little in 1st...

I'm not bad mouthing the Edge the thing is a rocket ship, I was just hoping the Evolution would have raised the rpm limit.

I will say on level 2, in all my Diesel years I've never felt such a kick in the pants from such a simple mod.

·
Registered
766 Posts
How many miles since programming level 3?? you can't just set it and romp on it. The trans needs time to learn. 30-40 miles of stop and go traffic. Even once it learns, level 3 is alot to ask of a stock tranny.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is on level 2.... actually, today it seems a little better. So maybe the trans is learning.

Should I reset the trans and let it learn from scratch?

·
Registered
220 Posts
Prostar8.20;1570156; said:
I don't think #3 is a good idea even with a Transgo jr.
I've put about 5,000 miles on my truck, mostly on level 3. Truck is totally stock. I haven't had the opportunity to tow with it yet though, and if I did, it would not be on level 3... No issues thus far. I am getting 16mpg on level 3 now as well. Prior to the Edge Evo I was getting 14ish. I think I've settled down a LOT though, driving wise.

·
Registered
471 Posts
My tranny would flair itself into oblivion if I put it on #3. It still flairs slightly every once and awhile when I get on it in #2.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Prostar8.20;1573013; said:
My tranny would flair itself into oblivion if I put it on #3. It still flairs slightly every once and awhile when I get on it in #2.
What do you mean by "flair"?

·
Registered
471 Posts
The engine rpms go alittle high in between shifts. I think my LB7 was a tougher tranny to be honest.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Level 2 never stopped acting weird between shifts so I just went down to level 1 and it's much better shifting.

Maybe I need the transgo kit I'm not sure. I would like this trans to shift more positively, but at the same time do not want it chirping the tires on shifts....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts