Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The planning is progressing nicely for this years gettogether Sept 21 - 23 , 2007 .

Some major changes for this years event.

Saturday afternoon location is being moved to a larger location. We simply ran out of room last year for all the trucks. Friday evenings pot luck and Sundays racing will stay at existing locations.

We are scouting out places that allow for plenty of space for safe off the road parking , vendor area , the cookout and educational workshops.

So far we have 5 vendors signed up to attend. We are limiting the
total number of vendors to Ten.

We also need your HELP as volunters to work during the event.
Such things as parking , trash cleanup , setting up signs , maning the registration table ,taking video/pictures and helping vendors get located are things that will need to be covered. This list will GROW I am sure .

We are looking for a couple of volunteers to develop and present 45 minute to one hour workshops on Saturday afternoon.

Two topics we thought to cover this year:
EFI live - what it is, what it does - basically lead a novice newbie truck owner through the details.

Truck electronics - discussing the details of adding / integrating / upgrading lighting , stereo systems , speakers and navigation.

Biodiesel is still a major topic of discussion and could also be included.

Photos / Video

We would like to have a projection TV running most of saturday displaying
photos from Past NEDGT gettogethers, participants trucks and video clips or photos from other diesel events such as the Thunder in Muncie/Indy
events.
We need copies of your photos and videos to make this happen.
If possible we also would like to include Chevrolet/GMC commercials both past and present into this presentation.
With your help this presentation will be entertaining and exciting !

Regional Clubs -If you are a regional club for Chevy/GMC trucks we will
be happy to provide an area for you to set up to promote your club.

You can contact me at
[email protected] , through the event website , or by phone at 860-672-2345

Thanks, Terry

·
Registered
924 Posts
I may just show up cause im goona be up that way in sept.Is it okay that i just showed up?

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Walk ins are welcome and regisration before hand is needed for some meals.
Look forward to meeting you. Any help you need while being up this way let us know.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Saturdays Event site location has been confirmed - Warren Woods Park off
Old Brickshool Rd in Warren , CT.
The site offers a covered pavillion, large indoor dining room , fishing lake , lots of parking and sled pulling area.
A bit Off the beaten path , but not far from the original events location.
I am looking for residents from Warren, CT who belong to this site to help us with the gettogether.

·
Banned
2,530 Posts
Terry, if you want a projector, I have an LCD one, just drop me a line and I'll send it up to you.....MAYbe I can make it up there this year, but not looking good...

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the offer, I was really hoping you would be up this way. I wanted to hit you up to do an electronics workshop during the event - I hear those blue dash leds are cool you did.
I think we got the projector covered , but I will let you know. PM or E mail your new address so I can send you an event dvd.
Thanks, Terry

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Planning Meeting. Sunday April 1st
9:30 am at PATTYs restaurant, Litchfield , CT
1/2 mile west of state police on left side of rt 202
Follow rt 202 through center of Litchfield. (West)
breakfast followed by planning meeting at Warren Woods in Warren CT and
at Terry's home in Cornwall Bridge.
Meeting open to any GM diesel owner.

Mud Season is HERE !!

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Plans for this years get together are progressing nicely. Saturdays part of the weekend will be at Warren Woods in Warren, Ct . Room for 500 plus trucks !!

See many of you at the May Dyno Day put together by Red Sox Fan.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
WE are searching for a graphic artist to draw a design for t shirts and for posters to put on community bulletin boards and at dealerships to promote the get together.

We also will need volunteers for the day of the events.

Thanks, Terry

·
Registered
584 Posts
Aww man is it September yet?! This is freakin takin to long :cussing:

Terry, The registrstion on the site is for 2006.. When would the 2007 be up?
Thanks

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well kind of a "mini" gettogether Saturday with Dyno day !

·
Registered
503 Posts
TTT

Sounds interesting...I'll know if I can make as time gets closer..Where is the registration form???

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
last years info and registration form is on the event website. www.dieselgettogether.com site will be updated soon , still awaiting commitments from vendors,dealers, etc.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
PLANNING MEETING SUNDAY JUNE 3 rd at 9:30 am
Breakfast will be served.
It will be at Terrys at 261 Kent Rd S in Cornwall Bridge, Ct.

·
Registered
47 Posts
This GTG your having in September...does it include participating in the Fall Truck Nationals at New England Dragway on September 23?

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Event information updated for this year's event will be on the event website soon. www.dieselgettogether.com

The NEDGT does not include the New England dragway event - we are 5 hrs away, and unfortunately both do happen the same weekend.(we do schedule Sunday as drag day at Lebanon Valley dragway in West Lebanon , NY which is near Pittsfield Ma and Albany,NY)

We picked this weekend for various reasons, back six years ago , and I believe the Nationals were not even being held in Epping at that time.

The event is geared towards GM diesel owners meeting each other in a family setting, enjoying their trucks and swapping stories, info,parts.

This year Saturday will be at a larger location with room for 500 trucks. We have vendors signed up , and are interviewing dealers for their participation now.

If you read posts such as yamahagrizzlys on last weekends pull in RI you'll see a problem with events such as the pull and Epping - GM diesel owners and members of this site not being able to meet each other at these events.
(the logistics make it difficult to know who is who)

Ford and Dodge owners are welcome at NEDGT , but the emphasis is on GM Diesels.

Enjoy Epping !

·
Registered
47 Posts
Thanks for the info...

I had a chance to speak with Dave Dunbar (DHRA)today about a sanctioned diesel event at either Lebanon Valley or New England Dragway. He told me the "big" boys wouldn't come this far north without enough of a purse, and where the diesel thing isn't as big here as it is in the south, it probably wouldn't be happening anytime soon.

He did say he would entertain the idea of a "trophy" event, perhaps combined with a local truck day ie: All Truck Nats at NED.

Just an FYI...the All Truck Nats at NED Sept. 23 will be the 20th anniversary of this event.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I guess its a chicken/egg situation as far as DHRA. coming to the northeast.
The draw might be bigger to lebannon valley since its a bit closer to the midwest , just being off I-90.
I was not aware of it being 20 years for the nats , I noticed Super Chevy isn't at epping anymore , used to go there and up to Burlington ,VT for the 4x4 Nats -but not the crowds like at Englishtown, IRP , etc.

·
Registered
458 Posts
NEDGTG is gonna be WAY better than the Epping event. Especially this year.

·
Registered
458 Posts
RedSoxFan;1811296; said:
NEDGTG is gonna be WAY better than the Epping event. Especially this year.
The GTG is 90 days away - start making your plans to be there. :D

1 - 20 of 132 Posts