Diesel Place banner

NorCal, Sonoma County Service Recommendation

2K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  QuikSSilver 
#1 ·
Anyone have a contact or good recommendation for Duramax service in Sonoma County, Northern California?

I am on my 2nd Duramax 02' and now 13'. I have tried most of the dealers in my area for service. I just emailed 4 different dealers for a quote on Oil change, fuel filter change and tire rotation. 2 of the dealers never returned my email, one sent me back a generic reply saying how excited they are that I am looking for a new vehicle and that if I call them ASAP they will help me find the right vehicle (I did in my message say I was looking for a service quote). Finally a dealer emailed me back 24hrs later, the one where I bought my truck and quoted me $315 - $95 for Oil change, $195 for fuel filter change and $25 for tire rotation. In the past, when I leave the dealership I don't fell like I got $318 worth of service. When I brought the truck in for it's first "complementary oil change" I was charged $90 to top off the DEF tank. That was the last time anyone other then me has re-filled the DEF tank.

Yesterday I ordered the fuel filter for $35 and will do it myself. I am pretty much done working on my own vehicle if I can help it and I would like to find an alternative to a GM/Chevy dealer in my area for service on my truck. I don't mind paying for great service, I just don't want to feel like I am being ripped off.

See less See more
#2 ·
Changing the oil and fuel filter is hardly a hard job on these trucks. If you're set on having someone else do it, buy the stuff you want used and take it all to a local mechanic. His rates will be a lot cheaper than the stealership.

Don't need a specialized diesel mechanic for basic oil changes.

#3 · (Edited)
DIY & you'll know it being done right & you wont/feel ripped off. Really no need to have maintenance items like oil/filters changed at the dealer, unless they aren't gonna change (which they do/will) an arm & a leg.

Lots of How To vids on YT for the fuel filter. Oil changes are straightforward. But there are vids on it as well on YT.

Reactions: callie454
#4 ·
Thanks for the reply's guys. I realize its not much work to change the oil, I used to do all the wrenching on my vehicles up to engine rebuilds. That was awhile ago and I don't want to do it any more and just don't want to pay dealer prices either.

Thanks for the suggestion about buying the parts and having a local mechanic do the work. I am also thinking of a time down the road when I do have a problem more than maintenance and wanted to see if there is a local alternative to the dealer.

#8 · (Edited)
if your in Sacramento.... I go to Oil Stop, have several locations and use chevron oils.. been going there for years. I can't stand doing oil changes... I recently did FPR change and a turbo change, Id rather do that again than an oil change. F THAT! for $60 with Delo oil... yup I'll gladly pay!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.