Diesel Place banner
421 - 440 of 451 Posts
New to the Club and looking for tranny help??

Looking for a shop local to do a rebuild on my 5 speed allison. I want to run the big tunes and I can't right now with the dam tranny going bad. It's clunking hard when I get on it from a cruising speed. Anyone recommend a good shop to get this thing built to last through some punishment let me know. Thanks Mike

Mike L

go to Mike L. @ englewood. I've heard horror stories of local hacks doin horrible rebuilds. my father-in-law got his built there i had mine built @ PPE. there both awesome trannys but mike did it in one day, was cheaper, and is a no BS guy. he won't sell u anything u dont need.

Dyno Day in So Cal

Hey guys,

Just thought I'd drop a line, if any of you will be in So Cal Nov. 6th we have a dyno day scheduled at westech.

More Info here:
So Cal Diesel Trucks Dyno Day - Nov. 6th

Not everything is posted all over the boards Nick (paint) ;). No I have not built as many transmissions as Mike, but I have built my share. There are people in this thread that can vouch that transmissions I built for them are still together, even behind twinned/high hp trucks. FYI Mikes trans only lasted four months in my truck, then I started building my own, but you know that ;). I've put it through hell since then, and she has only wasted the converter. You have a thing for Mike because he's a buddy, cool... to each their own.

anyone ever dealt with Collins Diesel Injection in Stockton, CA? I am getting ready to by an ATS Stage I to replace my stock Allison and saw that they are a dealer on ATS's website. It would be nice to drive down there and pick up the trans I order and drop off the old stock unit.

I've gotten Stanadyne there, but never used them for service. Seemed knowledgeable at the counter, but talk is talk.

-bZj

I'm in Sacramento. . . (actually Elk Grove.)

Hi..
Between Manteca, and Yosemite..

new guy in sac just starting the long trek to 1000 horsepower

421 - 440 of 451 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.