Diesel Place banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a cure for seat belts that chirp at you every time you hit a bump? Bought an 04 cc 2500hd sierra last weekend that the seat belt on drivers side chirps. Is there something I can spray some grease on?

·
Registered
13,596 Posts
Mine do the same thing lately,it gets annoying.I was going to try some silicone spray or babypowder.

·
Registered
404 Posts
the fix

If you carefully remove the slotted plastic part at the top of the seat where the seat belt comes out of you can use light oil in a tube with needle to oil rotating pin. I did not and would not spray oil on the rotating pin because it will get on the belt and stain it. Be careful prying the plastic off in cold weather. Cold plastic breaks easy and I do not remember the exact location of the internal tabs that hold the part in place. I have not yet had to do this with this truck but did it twice with my last truck.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you carefully remove the slotted plastic part at the top of the seat where the seat belt comes out of you can use light oil in a tube with needle to oil rotating pin. I did not and would not spray oil on the rotating pin because it will get on the belt and stain it. Be careful prying the plastic off in cold weather. Cold plastic breaks easy and I do not remember the exact location of the internal tabs that hold the part in place. I have not yet had to do this with this truck but did it twice with my last truck.

:thankyou2

1 - 4 of 4 Posts