Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i went to go to the store today and when i was driving to go into the parking lot, my truck was making a funny noise when i turned the wheel, itts not a really load noise but it was loud enough that i could here it with the radioo off. im not sure what it is but its making a bumping noise kind of when i turn. has this happened to any one before.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I am sure someone will chime in about this that knows the tsb # but you can do a search for it and get more info. I believe it is a common problem. I am the second owner on my truck and I know it was fixed before I bought it at 36k. Do a search and you will find out all you need to know.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
there is the known issue with the intermediette steering shaft.almost sounds like something loose in the front end when turning. give it a little while as it will get worse and better diagnosable.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so i should just wait till it gets worse then take it in to get fixed or what. and so what is the amin problem, its just the steering shaft loose.

·
Registered
11,311 Posts
Its the lube that GM uses tends to dry ip prematurely from being too close to the exhaust manofold. It dries up and wears out quickly. I went through 4 shafts with my 04.5 LLY.

Its a common problem, with a very easy fix.

Try to take a gander through the steering and suspension forum that you posted this thread into. All your answers are in there. Take a minute and read through some of the stuff thats already in there. There's lots of current discussion on steering shafts.

And it its already poping, I'd take it it and get it fixed.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well my trucks a 2wd and i was kind of thinking it was the shocks that where bad, but i have no clue. it might be the lube that its dry but well see.

·
Registered
5,235 Posts
My 05 from day one would make a barking sound from a dead stop turning left. After I had my shaft lubed all that went away.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts