Diesel Place banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I engage High 4 wheel drive at a stop, and then start driving off very slow (2mph or less), I get a noticable knocking action and clunking noise until I reach around 5 mph, at which point it stops. Is this normal? Please let me know our suggestions. Thanks.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Does it make the noise with the wheels cut or straight or both? Is the noise coming from the front end or back under the drivers seat? My truck will make a noise when the wheels are cut on dry ground and moving slowley but other than that no noticable sounds.

·
Registered
30 Posts
No--that's not normal. Try to have one of your friends walk along side your truck, and see if they can isolate where the noise is coming from, then let us know.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I had the same problem. Well sort of. what happened with me, is when I engaged/disengaged my 4hi, the light would show 2wd but I could still feel the truck in 4x4. Then within time, I'd get the knock, and I could feel my 4x4 was now out.

I took it to the dealer, and the cause was my tire depth was too great between the rear and front tires, causing too large a speed difference.

My stock tires have around 20k miles on them, and I have laid a fair amount of rubber with them.

I don't know if this is the same type of problem you have, but just thought I'd throw it out there for you. I see you have a 2007, so I can't see your tires having too many miles on them, and it might be a different issue.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts