Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While driving at 65 mph or above I get a rattling noise from the lower windshield. Seems like it comes from the cowl at the rear of the hood. Any ideas?

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
do you have a bug deflector? If so, GM has a fix in development for ya, the problem is the air turbulance across the deflector. Temp fix is to put some rtv across the cowl seal area to keep it from flapping.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I also had that problem. I removed the side windshield mouldings and added 2-sided tape to the underside. Problemed solved.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I have heard another rattle from a pick up like that it was coming from a piece of foam under the black plastic cowl trim.I think the foam is used as a dam for water to not run directly into this area.The customers complaint was at about 60mph and up this noise would occur.Reglued the foam noise was gone.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I come across this quite often. The simplest fix I have seen yet is to add some 3M Weather Strip Adhesive under the windshields side weather stripping.

It takes a steady hand and a little practice doesn't hurt. You just stick the tip of the tube under the strip and slowly pull it down the lengh of the strip while slowly squeezing glue out.

I also use a finger tip to follow behind the tube, it make things easier.

The first one or two you do may look terrible. But it can easily be cleaned up with a NEW razor blade.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts