Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
I recently replaced my stock turbo with a reman stock turbo with a billet compressor wheel and an MBRP downpipe. I had pretty good turbo whistle or whine at about 10lbs of boost and up but after replacing I hear absolutely nothing. Truck is boosting to almost 30 with.big power tune. I can hear tons of compressed air running through turbo and power is good but also noticed on big tune it doesnt lay as much black smoke out of tailpipe. Why is there whistle anymore. I kind of liked it and after spending a ton of cash it's kind of disappointing

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Disappointed with lack of response

I am disappointed that with all the experts on this forum and all the great advice I have gotten in the past that not 1 person could respond to my thread about having no turbo whistle after replacing 800 dollar turbo and had billet compressor wheel installed

·
Registered
16,213 Posts
I wouldn't expect a whistle from a stock reman turbo. I don't care if it has the billet compressor or not. I am glad you are not pouring huge amounts of black smoke. That tells me the turbo is doing what it is suppose to do. Kinda crappy you complaining about no one responding to your thread. People do have other lives besides living on the forums. I chose not to answer the first time because of the bad mouth. Sorry it didn't work out for you. I would have directed the question to whom I bought the stuff from. They ought to know their products.
All is good here. I hope you get the answers you need. Sometimes no one has the "Right" answer.

·
Registered
940 Posts
I recently replaced my stock turbo with a reman stock turbo with a billet compressor wheel and an MBRP downpipe. I had pretty good turbo whistle or whine at about 10lbs of boost and up but after replacing I hear absolutely nothing. Truck is boosting to almost 30 with.big power tune. I can hear tons of compressed air running through turbo and power is good but also noticed on big tune it doesnt lay as much black smoke out of tailpipe. Why is there whistle anymore. I kind of liked it and after spending a ton of cash it's kind of disappointing
Good Morning-

I would start with calling the people who made the remain unit-
either it is quiet because that what its supposed to do

or

its quiet because something aint right

Call the tech line and find out

That's what I would do

Reactions: OkDually

·
Registered
16,213 Posts
His last activity was 3.22.20, I guess he doesn't want to hear or see any responses.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts