Diesel Place banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellas
Having some issues with the truck and not really sure what to try. The truck has 200k on it and running efi 60hp tune. The issue I am having is if I let the truck idle for 10 to 15 in the morning to warm up some times I can press the throttle and it wont even rev up won't go anywhere. I replaced the fpr about 6 months ago when it was surging and it fixed the surging problem. But now this problem is intermittent when it does do it the motor is rattling no power no Rpms I can turn the truck off and restart it and it's fine and drives fine. When it happened the first time I got a p0087 low rail pressure code and I changed the fuel filter. A few weeks later it did it again no rev rough idle and motor got loud and sounded like crap on this one I got a p1094 low pressure at idle. The truck drives good no noticeable loss of power but noticed the mpg going down a bit. I rebuilt the filter head tonight even though I don't think it is the problem and going to install it and new rubber hoses to the head in the morning and push some air through the lines. I am leaning towards it getting air in the lines but really not sure I checked all of them the other evening and they looked good and not sucked down. I have never lost prime so I don't know if it could be a small leak and just get more and more air as it idles longer until it loses pressure and if I get in it start it and just drive the pump can overcome the small leak and not affect it while driving.

I have only seen one post with the same kind of problems like mine but the only reply was telling him to search other threads so no feed back from that one. I have done plenty of searching on this and still iffy on what to do. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Rebuilt the filter head and put new hoses on it and ran some x66p cleaner through it for about an hour and half. I test drive it that evening and drive good so I let it idle the next morning and it didn't do it but it did the next day so problem isn't fixed yet.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Sounds like your throttle position sensor is out on the accelerator pedal. If you were sucking air when you hit the accelerator it should noticeably bog down. Or possibly a bad ground somewhere.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm having the exact same problem on my '04 Lb7. Any insight on what the solution could be?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts