Diesel Place banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm attempting to bring an 05 LLY back to life. Had to remove the engine to get at some very very stuck injectors.
Now that everything is back together I'm having a ***** of a time getting the air bled from the fuel system to get it to fire.

The injection pump is brand new, as are the injectors, but I'm still only seeing about 6Mpa of rail pressure during cranking.
I'm really starting to get frustrated with this old truck, I've done everything to try and get it to run and it just doesn't want to cooperate
Any thoughts?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm attempting to bring an 05 LLY back to life. Had to remove the engine to get at some very very stuck injectors.
Now that everything is back together I'm having a * of a time getting the air bled from the fuel system to get it to fire.

The injection pump is brand new, as are the injectors, but I'm still only seeing about 6Mpa of rail pressure during cranking.
I'm really starting to get frustrated with this old truck, I've done everything to try and get it to run and it just doesn't want to cooperate
Any thoughts?
Any luck on your problem? I’m dealing with similar issue now I’m going crazy. Only seeing about 5Mpa during cranking.

·
Ex- 6BT Square Body Man
9,997 Posts
I have had mine out a few times now for broken bolts and stuck injectors.
Towards the end of getting things hooked up I would pump the fuel filter housing until it got hard then go bolt on some more items, fill up radiator, go back pump up some more.
After about 5 - 6 times doing this only took a couple of 10 second cranks for it to fire up.

Reactions: OkDually
1 - 3 of 3 Posts