Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I parked the truck last Saturday and the radio worked fine. When I started it up this morning there was no sound coming from the speakers. The radio was lit and everything looked fine but no sound. I tried turning it off and on with no luck. I parked it for 9 hours while at work, started it up, and it was fine. Has anyone experienced this problem before? It's a standard GM unit (non Bose) with XM, CD, and cassette.

Thanks

·
Registered
14 Posts
there was a post similar to this yesterday....I own a stereo shop but I have not seen this before. I'm very curious to know what it is...

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
I'm not trying to say I know more than ^^^^ him, but here are my ideas. Pull the fuse, give it like 5 minutes, then plug it back in.
If that doesn't work, the next thing I would do is pull it out, unplug it, wiggle some wires, then put it back.

Just what I would do...

·
Registered
225 Posts
Similar situation with my03. CD plater with aftermaket XM.Sometimes it just quits. Slam the door a few times and the soundcomes back.
Glad the new 2007.5 wil be here soon.

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
pjappraiser;1593974; said:
Similar situation with my03. CD plater with aftermaket XM.Sometimes it just quits. Slam the door a few times and the soundcomes back.
Glad the new 2007.5 wil be here soon.
Your speaker wire is grounding in the door. Pull the panel and find where the insulation is worn off the wire. My power window took mine out a couple of times.

wuncoolduramax, you might try the same thing too. Play with the power windows up and down, maybe jiggle the wire boot. I don't know why I didn't think of this earlier, but it's more than likely a short and the door is the first place to look.

·
Registered
3,738 Posts
I had the same problem. it only happened once, all has been fine sense

1 - 6 of 6 Posts