Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this is the right place to ask but here it is.
Before I shut my truck of I always turn the radio down if it's on. Yesterday when I got to work thats what I did. On the way home when I turned it up there was no sound. There was no sound from anything. Stopped at a store to get a few beers got in the truck, turned it on and got blasted out of the truck almost (I'd turned the volume wide open). Has this sort of thing happened to anyone and what could have caused it.

Thank You
Billy

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
hard to say. Why do you turn the volume down? Just curious, it dont matter. Maybe you punched the button off? Unlikely as it worked the next time. Hmm

·
Registered
6,995 Posts
Our 03 H2 had trouble w/ the Bose amp (common problem w/ 03) same as in GM trucks.

The dealer did a software upgrade but didn't help.

so later they put in a new amp and it fixed the problem.

Since u don't say what truck u have, if it has bose system u could have the same problem.

It was very intermittent and the rear seat audio still worked when the main speakers didn't.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry, I have an 03/ Boise
dmaxalliTech
I guess it's habit! When I get into my wife's car or my daughters car the radios blast me out usually. I guess it's just a ( as my wife would say) a quarr thing! Very possible I did hit the power button or something else.

Dmax Tim
It is a boise. When It happened there was no sound from anything, anywhere. On sound from the Onstar either.

thanks

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
I just found a tsb on that problem!!!!
<H1>No Audio Out of Speakers At Times (Reprogram Radio and/or Replace Amplifier) #02-08-44-020B - (02/27/2003)</H1>

<TABLE>
<T>
<TR>
<TD>Table 1:</TD>
<TD>Silverado, Tahoe, Suburban, Avalanche, Express, Sierra (except Denali), Yukon (except Denali), Yukon XL (except Denali), Savana (with UB0, UB1 or UC6 Sound Systems without Y91 Option)</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD>Table 2:</TD>
<TD>Yukon Denali, Yukon Denali XL, Sierra Denali, Escalade, Escalade EXT (with UQ7 Premium Sound System with Y91)</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD>Table 3:</TD>
<TD>HUMMER H2 Vehicles (with UQ7 Premium Sound System)</TD></TR></T></TABLE>No Audio Out of Speakers At Times (Reprogram Radio and/or Replace Amplifier)

2003 Cadillac Escalade, Escalade EXT

2003 Chevrolet Avalanche, Express, Silverado, Suburban, Tahoe

2003 GMC Savana, Sierra, Sierra Denali, Yukon, Yukon Denali, Yukon XL, Yukon Denali XL

2003 HUMMER H2

This bulletin is being revised to clarify the models and the approved repair procedure. Please discard Corporate Bulletin Number 02-08-44-020A (Section 08 -- Body and Accessories).<A name=ss1-1252286><A href="http://service.gm.com/servlets/BlobShtml?ShtmlFile=1252286&psdid=297&evc=sm#ss1-1252286" target="_blank">
<H5>Condition</A></H5>

Some customers may comment that at times there is no audio out of any speakers. However, on the next key cycle the audio system may perform properly.<A name=ss2-1252286><A href="http://service.gm.com/servlets/BlobShtml?ShtmlFile=1252286&psdid=297&evc=sm#ss2-1252286" target="_blank">
<H5>Cause</A></H5>

An anomaly within the amplifier/radio operating systems may cause this condition.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts