Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was going to pass someone of the interstate the other day. I stepped on it and downshifted to 4th but went from 68 mph to 60 and it wouldn't go any faster. I actually had to slide back into the right lane feeling a little embarrassed as all these cars blew by. When it upshifted the truck would accelerate normally. Figured the fuel was gelling but then my mental maintenance record drifted into my mind. I guess I was over my intended 15k mile interval with 22,291 miles. Pretty pathetic when it only takes like 3 minutes to change.

There was only a little water. I use Primrose 405 about every other fillup. The metal pieces are just from the hacksaw I used to cut the filter open. There was actually crud bridging from the bottom of the filter to the metal can. The factory filter was changed about 2k mi ago under that recall.

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
Is that ahead of the factory filter, or did the factory filter let that much crap through?

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
hopefully ahead , as that is alot of sh!t getting in the motor

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have the Nicktane kit mounted as a prefilter. That would be scary if the factory one was letting that much crap through. I actually asked the dealer if I could have the old filter when they did the recall. Answer was no. I know they want stuff back after warranty work, but a dirty filter?:confuzeld

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
without a doubt, I would change where I bought fuel! I cut mine open at 20K+ and it was about 1/3 used....could have gone another 20k.... Mine is post OEM....My dad has his CAT filter like yours and at 15K was very clean. Change fuel stations if possible, that's just nasty!

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Sure would have been interesting to see what the factory filter looked like. I think i would look into a new fuel supplier as well.............

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
I would love to have that cat filter with a window in it, so it could be seen in use. Let's see how could we do that??

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.