Diesel Place banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After I got my trans. oil chainged my trans does not go into reverse and the R light just flashes. Any ideas before I take it in?

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Fluid level is full I assume? Do you have Drive? Ever replaced the NSBU switch, might just be dumb luck.

·
Registered
12,036 Posts
Check the oil level.

NTBU(?) switch is a common cause.

Also, early trucks sometimes have a problem if you park them on a grade. Oil drains out of the convertor.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Trans level was on the low mark so I put a half a quart in and it was fine. The next day went to back up and nothing. Wife and I pushed it backward to hook up the trailer and started to drive home 250 miles away. I stoped at a truck stop so I would have plenty of room to fuel up and when I left it worked all the way home. The next day it would go in reverse the first time I tried the second time nothing R flashing.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
If you have not changed the NSBU that would be the first thing. My 01 did the same basic thing, only I was out plowing snow.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Sometimes What Happens Is Air Bubbles Get In The Fluid, And These Air Bubbles Can Cause The Tranny Not To Shift Properly Or Go Into Some Gears At All. I Would Go Back To Where You Had The Oil Changed And Have Them Take A Look At It. Especially If You Had Reverse Before You Went In There.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Is there another name beside, number 2 such as fast idle solinoid, transmission switch number 1&2, etc...some of those are covered under emissions warranty even if truck is out of reg warranty if less than 5yr and 100,00 miles.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts