Diesel Place banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just took my truck in for some minor stuff and I asked them to check for the new reflash cause my trucks been surging( I dont know if its normal or not). So I just spoke to the technician and he claims that there aren't any updates for the trucks in general. Is there any way to find out which trucks need the reflash and which one they may need. Lets just say this is a huge dealer and mines just about the only diesel thats gone through there. When I called them up all I had to say mines the diesel truck and they knew exactly who I was. Just goes to show the type of dealership I'm dealing with and its a bit scary that they dont work on diesels often or at all.

·
Vendor
9,676 Posts
They hook the Tech 2 to the truck, read the current info, and then hook to the SPS computer and it tells them what is available. 99% likelihood that there is an update INCLUDING an update for the change fuel filter message to display on the DIC...

·
Registered
16,609 Posts

·
Registered
16,609 Posts
Duramax Diesel Hesitation or Backfire - keywords 6.6 acceleration calibration ECM EGR intake LLY pop second shift third throttle turbo #PIP3450A - (Jan 11, 2006)
Duramax Diesel Hesitation or Backfire
2005 Chevrolet Silverado

2005 GMC Sierra

with 6.6L Engine (VIN2 - RPO LLY)

The following diagnosis might be helpful if the vehicle exhibits the symptom(s) described in this PI.

Condition/Concern:
The customer concern may be a backfire or pop through the intake during a hard acceleration. A noticeable hesitation will also be felt if the concern is duplicated.

This concern can be hard to duplicate and the vehicle will have no DTCs.

The condition described in this PI will only occur under a hard acceleration with the throttle angle at or above 70-80%. During the hard acceleration, the hesitation or pop through the intake will occur when the transmission shifts from second to third, or when the transmission shifts from third to fourth gear.

Recommendation/Instructions:
Complete the current SI diagnostics for Hesitation, Sag, or Stumble.

If SI diagnostics are inconclusive, and the hesitation/pop through the intake is occurring as described in this pi, there has been a new calibration released to address the condition.

Please program the ECM with the latest TIS2000 software, and evaluate the intake pop or hesitation.

Please follow this diagnostic or repair process thoroughly and complete each step. If the condition exhibited is resolved without completing every step, the remaining steps do not need to be performed.

·
Registered
16,609 Posts
So tell them you have a pop under hard acceleration through the intake and show them this TSB and that should guarantee you the latest re flash.

With all that being said, if you aren't experiencing any problems you probably don't need the latest calibration. You aren't going to see any better fuel mileage or anything else that really makes it worthwhile. However, it can't hurt either.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
I had the same problem when I tried to get an update quite some time ago when mine was new.

IIRC the dealer said something like "didn't have the latest updates delivered to his Tech2 and had to contact TIS to update his tech2 before the updates would show up" .

Sound right??

·
Registered
16,609 Posts
Ok how do I work this site my vin is 1GTHK23205F948988
Part Number CVN Description
15904640 00009F5B New calibration to address intake pop complaints

So basically yes there is a reflash available as posted above.

·
Registered
16,609 Posts
I had the same problem when I tried to get an update quite some time ago when mine was new.

IIRC the dealer said something like "didn't have the latest updates delivered to his Tech2 and had to contact TIS to update his tech2 before the updates would show up" .

Sound right??
Correct, they need to have their tech 2 updated.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ok I guess I'll copy what it says there and I'll call them tomorrow and let them know that they dont know what there talking about. Does it say what that reflash is for. Sorry for so many simple questions but that site baffles me. Thanks

·
Registered
16,609 Posts
CLAIM HISTORY
R.O Date R.O Number Type Labor Operation Odometer Reading
06/10/2005 221227 # N6600 - WIRING AND/OR CONNECTOR - BRAKE SYSTEM/TRACTION CONTROL - 5 miles
06/03/2005 220430 # F0060 - SLIP JOINT, PROPELLER SHAFT (BETWEEN TRANS AND REAR DIFFER 2 miles
05/11/2005 A48988 I Z7000 - PRE-DELIVERY INSPECTION - BASE TIME 0 miles

·
Registered
16,609 Posts
ok I guess I'll copy what it says there and I'll call them tomorrow and let them know that they dont know what there talking about. Does it say what that reflash is for. Sorry for so many simple questions but that site baffles me. Thanks
yes this is what the flash is for:

Condition/Concern:
The customer concern may be a backfire or pop through the intake during a hard acceleration. A noticeable hesitation will also be felt if the concern is duplicated.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
CLAIM HISTORY
R.O Date R.O Number Type Labor Operation Odometer Reading
06/10/2005 221227 # N6600 - WIRING AND/OR CONNECTOR - BRAKE SYSTEM/TRACTION CONTROL - 5 miles
06/03/2005 220430 # F0060 - SLIP JOINT, PROPELLER SHAFT (BETWEEN TRANS AND REAR DIFFER 2 miles
05/11/2005 A48988 I Z7000 - PRE-DELIVERY INSPECTION - BASE TIME 0 miles
Huh whats that claim history thing. Do I take them that or what you posted earlier. I wish I knew how to use that stupid site.

·
Registered
16,609 Posts
SOrry, that is what has been done to your truck under warranty in the past. No don't take that to them. Just take that tsb I posted and tell them you have the backfire under heavy acceleration. If you don't tell them that you have the symtoms, they might not reflash it.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
WHAAAAAT I had no idea that all that had been done to my truck. I told them my truck was hesitating and was doing heavy surging. I just dont think they know a lot about the reflashes. I'm gonna print out what you posted first and call them up tomorrow. Thanks a lot for your help if there's anything else I should know please let me know. Thanks

·
Registered
16,609 Posts
Well basically those claims look like they were done before you even got the truck. They were probably things that they caught on a test drive or on pre-delivery. Nothing for you to worry about, I shouldn't have posted it.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hey I think I'm getting the hang of this site with the reflashes but I'm clicking on other things like PCM/VCM and ABS control module and if I'm reading it right it seems like theirs updates for all those to should I print those out and take them to the dealer or what. Thanks

·
Registered
16,609 Posts
As I said above, take the TSB and this information (I posted this wrong last time)
Part Number CVN Description
15904640 00009F5B New calibration to address intake pop complaints

You shouldn't really worry about updates unless you are having specific problems. If you run in there to get your truck reflashed every few days you are going to have one very pissed off dealer. The reflashes are to address specific problems so if you aren't having specific problems you probably shouldn't worry about it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts