Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think i may have bought a real pretty turd. 2016 GMC 3500 Denali cc/sb Duramax Allison. Great truck right?
My other trucks are 2006 GMC cc/sb d/a , 2008 & 2010 F250 extended cab short box gas 5.4L

Ive read plenty on the dead pedal, and im not ready to void the warranty and rip off all the emissions, and tune it. But to get my ass handed to me by my own truck, ( my 06 with 155k on it ) after shelling out this kind of coin, i dont think i even like the damm thing anymore. Also towing with it. Was i towing heavy with it, yes. Do i tow the same load with my 06 yes. I had my foot to the floor at certin points, and grades. My 06 would have the tires breaking lose if i had my foot in it over half way.

All the bells and whistles, eh......... just eh. exhaust brake is a joke, the gauges, even though you can change them, you have to chose between volts and tranny temp. I plow snow so both of those are important to me, AT THE SAME TIME.

Power fold mirrors, but they dont extend?? My 2010 ford does both...............wtf.

Cant turn off the wireless charging, toss some change on the and let that burn the damm truck down?

I dunno, just kinda sad that a 10 year old truck kicked my ass in a race stock truck to stock truck, and all this extra crap on the truck kinda sucks. I just feel like i rode the band wagon of what my other truck was, and not what this truck is. Anyone else??:confuzeld:confuzeld

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
Buy a Ford they make Better trucks then GM hands down I will never buy a GM truck ever again....when the new 2017 F450 Super duty comes out I'm jumping ship I have had it with GM's weak car front ends in a HD truck

Anytime you can get a 5th wheel hitch and gooseneck ball tow prep package from the factory
Well nuff said

And GM wonder why Ford out sales them in trucks......GO FORD:thumb:

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Again, the "weak" GM front IFS suspension has a higher load capacity than Ford and Ram and is more reliable. BTW, GM offers a factory gooseneck option, nuff said.

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
Again, the "weak" GM front IFS suspensi has a higher load capacity than Ford and Ram and is more reliable. BTW, GM offers a factory gooseneck option, nuff said.
Lol I had a feeling you were gonna jump in but you're cool with me...but I would not care if gm rated their front end to 10k I ain't buying....but I will still keep my dmax

btw ask the guys here who did a SAS on there truck and why they did it and get back too me.....

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
I have a '15 Denali and an '07 LBZ and there are differences for sure. The Denali blows the LBZ away in almost anything except the mushy pedal. And that can be fixed if you read a few threads down....

·
Registered
428 Posts
Again, the "weak" GM front IFS suspension has a higher load capacity than Ford and Ram and is more reliable. BTW, GM offers a factory gooseneck option, nuff said.
Come on now, don't confuse folks with facts.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Just so you know the mirrors do extend, just gotta do it manually.

I'm quite pleased my 2016. Maybe you should go to the dealer and drive another to make sure yours is running right. I read some one else felt under powered and turned out they had a air leak from factory, quick easy fix and they were 100% happy afterwards.

Also I drove a 2015 powerstroke right before buying my duramax. I thought its performance was no better then the duramax and the rest of the truck sucked. cheap plastic everywhere and horrible loud ride.

Doesn't the wireless charger automatically turn off if it dont detect a phone on it?

·
Premium Member
17,837 Posts
Huh? I'm at a loss. Coins on a charging pad burning a truck to the ground? Hmmm. I dont believe that you have a grasp on that technology. Wheels won't break free at 40mph with a trailer on? Sounds like stabilitrac may actually work. Exhaust brake a joke? Probably afraid to let it rev over 2400rpm. Can't watch volts and trann temp at the same time? C'mon, you need to watch voltage on a twin alternator, dual battery truck :rolleyes: Mirrors don't power extend? Wow. I say sell it now. Definitely a deal breaker.

·
Gone but not forgotten member
3,455 Posts
Thanks Brian, I was headed there but you beat me!
I've got neighbors with newer Dodge (Ram) trucks and other one has newer Ford trucks. Having ridden shotgun in all both empty and loaded close to max, I'm sticking with the General and expect the neighbors to come along. They are always asking if we can take my truck instead...

·
Registered
501 Posts
I will give you one thing and that is Ford is up on their technology, but you knew about the mirrors(or should have known) before you bought it. I can't imagine your older truck beating your new one in towing. My buddy's have new Fords and Dodges for work trucks and they are always visiting the dealer. All the technology still can't persuade me to buy anything but a Duramax/Allison. Good Luck.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Just so you know the mirrors do extend, just gotta do it manually.

I'm quite pleased my 2016. .....

Also I drove a 2015 powerstroke right before buying my duramax. I thought its performance was no better then the duramax and the rest of the truck sucked. cheap plastic everywhere and horrible loud ride.
My sentiments exactly....:thumb: I even traded in a F350 single rear wheel for my Chevy 3500. The attention to detail and the quality of just about everything has Ford bet in my humble opinion. Inside of the Fords even the King Ranches feel cheap to me.

And for the record I have always been a Ford man....until this truck.

·
Premium Member
17,837 Posts
Buy a Ford they make Better trucks then GM hands down I will never buy a GM truck ever again....when the new 2017 F450 Super duty comes out I'm jumping ship I have had it with GM's weak car front ends in a HD truck
Whether you know this or not, I have fleet of these weak IFS trucks, and, I'd never go back to a Dana 60, ever. I can do Dana 60 axle seals and ball joints, not to mention hubs and vacuum seal with my eyes closed, as I used to baby sit a fleet of Fords. Any time I see a crybaby whining about the IFS and it's durability, it's always on a tuned truck or a lifted truck, or both. Finally had to rent a ball joint tool for a 300k mile '05 3500 last year. Only pumpkin I ever opened for issues was a 6.0 Yukon Denali, that also ate 2 4L85E's before 80k miles.

You two need to go cry a river on a Ford site :D

·
Registered
16,080 Posts

Anytime you can get a 5th wheel hitch and gooseneck ball tow prep package from the factory
Well nuff said

And GM wonder why Ford out sales them in trucks......GO FORD:thumb:
Had a 2011 F250 and it was a disaster. We had a cold winter two years ago, blew three front gas shocks out of it. Death wobble, that's a fun experience going 75 down the freeway. Take a roll of toilet paper with you, you're going to need it to clean off your seat after you come to a stop on the freeway in order to get control of the truck again. The interior of the Ford was decent enough but the Denali is much nicer.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Lol I had a feeling you were gonna jump in but you're cool with me...but I would not care if gm rated their front end to 10k I ain't buying....but I will still keep my dmax

btw ask the guys here who did a SAS on there truck and why they did it and get back too me.....

Well for what it's worth the 450 Fords have junk front ends....last maybe a year in the oilfield if your lucky. We have 17 of them at work and all have failed several times.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Whether you know this or not, I have fleet of these weak IFS trucks, and, I'd never go back to a Dana 60, ever. I can do Dana 60 axle seals and ball joints, not to mention hubs and vacuum seal with my eyes closed, as I used to baby sit a fleet of Fords. Any time I see a crybaby whining about the IFS and it's durability, it's always on a tuned truck or a lifted truck, or both. Finally had to rent a ball joint tool for a 300k mile '05 3500 last year. Only pumpkin I ever opened for issues was a 6.0 Yukon Denali, that also ate 2 4L85E's before 80k miles.

You two need to go cry a river on a Ford site :D

ya,but you don't know a damned thing,,those ford power mirrors add HP,

·
Registered
655 Posts
I think i may have bought a real pretty turd. 2016 GMC 3500 Denali cc/sb Duramax Allison. Great truck right?
My other trucks are 2006 GMC cc/sb d/a , 2008 & 2010 F250 extended cab short box gas 5.4L

Ive read plenty on the dead pedal, and im not ready to void the warranty and rip off all the emissions, and tune it. But to get my ass handed to me by my own truck, ( my 06 with 155k on it ) after shelling out this kind of coin, i dont think i even like the damm thing anymore. Also towing with it. Was i towing heavy with it, yes. Do i tow the same load with my 06 yes. I had my foot to the floor at certin points, and grades. My 06 would have the tires breaking lose if i had my foot in it over half way.

All the bells and whistles, eh......... just eh. exhaust brake is a joke, the gauges, even though you can change them, you have to chose between volts and tranny temp. I plow snow so both of those are important to me, AT THE SAME TIME.

Power fold mirrors, but they dont extend?? My 2010 ford does both...............wtf.

Cant turn off the wireless charging, toss some change on the and let that burn the damm truck down?

I dunno, just kinda sad that a 10 year old truck kicked my ass in a race stock truck to stock truck, and all this extra crap on the truck kinda sucks. I just feel like i rode the band wagon of what my other truck was, and not what this truck is. Anyone else??:confuzeld:confuzeld
First of all your engine and the rest of your drivetrain is still tight, it is a long ways from being broken in. And stock truck to stock truck.....your '06 has a 5" exhaust and a Bullydog. Take the time to learn how to use the exhaust brake to it's fullest potential when towing and you will love it. Hmmmmm.......

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
and GM does sell more trucks than ford. Ford is the highest selling BRAND. GM sells the most trucks, been that way for decades.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts