Diesel Place banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my truck into the shop to have the idler + pitman arms replaced and SD sleeves installed along with some rancho 9000s installed.
I picked my truck up and noticed the bill was a little less expsensive then i thought but didnt think much of it, i got home and decided to see if i could see the shocks. I noticed they werent the ones i requested (i wanted to be able to adjust them) i called the place and the owner of the shop told me that those shocks dont fit on a stock hight 4x4 2500.
is he bull****ting me? whats the deal

·
Registered
433 Posts
I ran the Rancho 9000X's nine position shocks on my stock 03 2500HD for two years. Check the Rancho site and see what they say.

www.gorancho.com

Good luck,

Chris

·
Registered
244 Posts
I have Rancho 9000X's on my 2500 4x4 at stock height.
Part # RAN RS99288 Front.
RAN RS99274 Rear.
He talking BS.

·
Registered
648 Posts
YES! SHENANIGANS!

I've had them for 1.5yrs. Best thing would be to print out some info from Rancho and take that to him. Then politely say that "I think you made a mistake. Please replace my shocks with these."

·
Registered
612 Posts
Find a new shop, :confused: had them on my 04 w/ no lift.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for posting the part numbers.
i went there, he said "Well then give me the part numbers because i called and they said they dont have any"

I said sure thing.. i jus called and gave them to him. Normallly id go somewhere else but he put other kinds of shocks on my truck and i dont wanna pay for those and a new set of ranchos. (ill make sure to just pay the difference)

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i gave em my truck this morning. They just called and told me that they shocks dont fit.
i have rancho on the line right now, im on hold. what gives?

·
Registered
6,918 Posts
RS99274 for the rear
RS99288 for the front..

according to Rancho's 2005 book...these fit stock ride hight 01-05 2500HD trucks....not sure what's going on with yours...:confused:

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just got off the phone with jeff at rancho. real nice guy. hes calling the shop right now to try and streighten things up

1 - 10 of 10 Posts