Diesel Place banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is really odd.

So far I have swapped out the Edge box, replaced all fuel filters (I have 4)and replaced both of my lift pumps. Still, when the truck is started when its cold outside (say in the high 30's), it is really a DOG.

You can floor the throttle, and it is a PIG.

When it heats up, the power seems to come back, but still the low end is pretty soft. I've also noticed the boost is a little bit lower than normal.

Anyone else have this problem??

·
Registered
16,609 Posts
Almost all programmers limit power below certain temperatures. The edge is especially bad for this.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Almost all programmers limit power below certain temperatures. The edge is especially bad for this.
Yeah, I know, but we are talking NO POWER. It won't even get up the driveway until it warms up... Even with the Edge box off and disconnected, it does it.

·
Registered
204 Posts
well, my oj/attitude doesnt limit power due to temp, but my truck is a dog when its cold too. edge on or off the truck to eliminate that one guys ;). but its not a good idea to be romping on it when its cold anyways. hook up the fast idle and dont worry about it. mine doesnt start running good till about 150.

·
Registered
369 Posts
my edge with attitude kicks on at 142 degrees water temp. Edge DOES limit power till it hits a certain water temp. every day when i go to work i can feel it click on when tooling down the expressway, look down and sure enough 142 degrees every day

·
Premium Member
20,556 Posts
On the LLY version 1.2 it starts with 50% power at 160 and has 100% power by 174* IIRC... Version 1.0 doesnt have anything until 180*.

Do you have enough tranny fluid? Does the engine rev up and the truck just odesnt move?

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
Well first off, why are you rodding the piss out of a cold engine? Few things are harder than that on a diesel...

I'm also curious about the four fuel filters...can you explain a little more?

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Won't even get up the driveway?
You have something wrong more than the normal power loss during warm up.

How is it running when it is doing this?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts