Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Comming home from Denver on Sunday the truck started acting funny then no power then CEL. Pulled over and wouldn't rev over 2000 and had loud clattering noise. Had it towed to stealer and am waiting for their diagnosis. I took the Edge off after pulling over and it still did the same thing. I hope I don't have any warranty issues. Any ideas what it might be? Injector?
Thanks for any help.:help::(

·
Registered
66 Posts
could be wiring harness #2 and 7 injector they will need to replace the connections to 90 degree connectors.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I just had the same thing happen to me last thursday. My truck is at the dealership and their diagnosis so far is that my fuel filter/system is plugged up beacause of the biodiesel that I run...never had a prob yet with 12.5K

·
Registered
5,108 Posts
do you know what the code was?

for sure the motor went into safe mode.. or "limped". You weren't running on level 5 or anything like that and possibly limped the tranny I hope..

·
Registered
77 Posts
I asked them about the ficm wiring harness, injectors, etc. and they acted like they have not heard of this problem before. Bull____!

·
Registered
77 Posts
I am calling them right now to find out which/if any codes.

·
Registered
77 Posts
My service advisor says they are still checking it out and won't give me specific codes, but says that its a fuel restriction code with 14psi of vacuum resistance and that 3psi should be high normal. He claims that 14 psi is a record with them.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just got off the phone with the stealer and he said it was the wiring harness problem with #2 and #7 injectors not firing correctly. They don't know when they will get the parts to fix it so I am getting a Colorado as a loaner.
Funny they said that the fuel filter was clogged also. Just changed it like 2000 miles ago and since I have a Nicktane with the Cat filter I don't know how that would be. They wanted over $100 to change it.Censored I said "No thanks".
Braino: Edge was on level 3 and since I have the Full ATS it wasn't the tranny.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts