Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got in the truck this morning and found that the PS and PB were not working. After doing a search I found another guy that had the same problem, reved up to about 2K RPM and I heard the PS pump make some noise as if something started turning and it all started working. I'm curious what the fix has been for this at the dealer, a new pump? I'll be taking it in as soon as I can get all the mods back to stock.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
I would see if it does it again before taking it in. Maybe just a piece of dirt got in the pressure regulator valve and stuck it open, may not ever happen again.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Same problem

I got stuck in the snow yesterday and my PS and PB both quit working thought that it was just alot of snow packed in there but took it to the shop washed it off still no PS or PB check the fuses for the abs and they are all fine tried reving the engine up but still nothing any suggestions of things to check? also I ahve not pulled any codes yet. there are no leaks in the system all the fluids both brake and PS are fine :confused:

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
I got stuck in the snow yesterday and my PS and PB both quit working thought that it was just alot of snow packed in there but took it to the shop washed it off still no PS or PB check the fuses for the abs and they are all fine tried reving the engine up but still nothing any suggestions of things to check? also I ahve not pulled any codes yet. there are no leaks in the system all the fluids both brake and PS are fine :confused:
broken shaft on power steering pump?

Jim

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
There have been several reports on this site of the power steering pump shaft shearing off. If that happens, it obviously won't work again until repaired. If the shaft is sheared, you can tell by releasing the pressure of the serpentine belt and see if the pulley on the pump will move in and out. Is the truck under warranty?

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts