1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You read it right.

No Oil pressure.

I replaced the oil pressure sedning unit...nope not it..now i'm out $60

anyways..guess its the gauge cluster? anywhere i can get one cheap?Maybe its my excuse to get an escalade cluster..

or can i just get mine fixed?

i sure hope it won't set me back no more than $300

·
Registered
16,609 Posts
You didn't recently install a duramaximizer or other older tuner by any chance?

·
Registered
16,609 Posts
Also check to make sure none of your pins are bent over in the main engine harness if you have been plugging in different boxes.

·
Registered
395 Posts
An old Juice will cause you to read no oil pressure (03 & 04 LB7).... But you still have oil pressure. Unplug the Juice and you will have oil pressure on your guage.

Jay

·
Bac To The Future
23,008 Posts
An old Juice will cause you to read no oil pressure (03 & 04 LB7).... But you still have oil pressure. Unplug the Juice and you will have oil pressure on your guage.

Jay

REALLY???!?!?!? I'm gonna have to go out tomorrow and try this.

Does Edge have a software fix for this?

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've tried that..unplugged and still..no pressure...

Maybe i'll try it again.

I plan on sending it to Edge have them harwire a attitude in and go hot o.j.

also...for some reason on level 4...it feels stock..no power..and this is at 180+ temps

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Also...i forgot to mention this

You know how w/ the key in the "on" postion the gauges go to there levels (ie. temp is at 180,fuel 1/4 tank,blah blah blah) well when you crank the truck they go back to empty or cold postion and then sweep back to there settings after the trucks running?

well the oil pressure guage will do that but then just barley hover over the 0psi mark..i mean just a hair if any

·
Bac To The Future
23,008 Posts
Its in the cluster itself. Mine is doing the same thing....

·
Registered
395 Posts
I went through the no oil press problem with an old edge. I had to do something to get the gauge to read without the Juice hooked up, but I don't remember what it was. If you have some type of code reader, try clearing the computer. Otherwise try disconnecting the batteries. I sent the unit back to Edge and the updated to the latest software which fixed the problem. The guy at Edge told me the computer controls the oil pressure guage n 03 and newer enginges, but not on 01 & 02's.

Jay

·
Registered
16,609 Posts
Edit - wrong info posted.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
just unplugged the juice for a 2nd time..still no pressure....its gotta be the cluster.

I am thinking ecalade platinum or std.? Cheapest I found was $289 shipped...what does a stocker form the stealer run?

can i get one used soemwhere?

·
Registered
16,609 Posts
Did you look for bent over pins?

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
no bent pins..strait as door nail

1 - 13 of 13 Posts