Diesel Place banner

No More Transynd?

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  jedmax 
#1 ·
I had my Trans lines replaced by the dealer and had to supply my own fluid due to changing to full Syn at time of my trans build.

Went to the local allison shop where i buy TRANSYND, but it was no longer available.

Seems Mobil 1 now makes the Synthetic Spec Allison fluid.

Any one have a comment on this? Just wandering if my dealer is full of it or if its true. -Thanks

#2 ·
Probably related to Mobil's PAO plant being directly hit by Hurricane Ike. PAO supply is real tight now with the major US supplier shut down. Allison worked with Mobil to develop another Allison-approved TES-295 fluid now as well - Castrol's not the only game in town anymore.

#4 ·
There are several TES-295 licensed fluids.

I believe TranSynd (make by Castrol) is still available, but perhaps not at your local shop. They may have switched to Mobil Delvac ATF over the TranSynd for some reason, not the least of which might be a marketing decision by their local management? Profit margins often dictate which product gets put up on the local shelves. There is no way to tell for sure unless you can ask the local management, and have faith in their answer.

Any TES-295 licensed fluid is a fine selection. There are also clones by Amsoil, Schaeffer's and DA-Lube that will work very well, too.

#5 ·
Good replies, thanks.

Doesnt matter to me as long as each product is doing what im buying it for, superior lubrication and performance.

#7 ·
Hmmm...I have a gallon of unopened Transynd. Me thinks I'll check my local source for availability and buy another gallon if available for a future Allison fluid change instead of wasting the gallon I have or mixing two different brands.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.