Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2005 GMC Yukon XL with Quadrasteer. LBZ conversion by Duraburb
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been trying to find a turbo-back T304 exhaust to fit an '06 LBZ Regular Cab/Long Bed Duramax Sierra with a cat delete. I had my heart set on a MBRP single system, but now that I have cash in hand, I've just found out that MBRP is no longer making an exhaust for that application.

The Regular Cab/Long Bed Duramax is the bastard child of the diesel world.

So, my options are limited:

- Get an MBRP front pipe and cat-back in T409, not what I'm looking for. I'd have to try to find one in stock from one of the MBRP retailers in T409. Part number for the T409 system is S6016409 (cat back) and the front pipe, which is still made (GMS9421).

- Get the MBRP T409 system (if I can find it), or get the Aluminized system, and get the tubes HPC Extreme coated inside and out. Spendy, but the lower cost materials will offset some of the outlay. I guess I could do the exhaust manifolds at the same time.

or

- Look to another manufacturer, Silverline, Corsa, Banks (also T409), etc. and wonder if it has the same qualities the MBRP has.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

-P.

·
Registered
552 Posts
that sux ill bet if you got the ext cab kit you could modify it to fit. it should only be20 or 30 inches different:eek:: just cut out the straight piece before the bend to go over the axle imo

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Can't you just order an exhaust for a ext. cab short bed...same length and everything

·
Registered
226 Posts
The std cabs don't have the x-member over the drive line. I've got that system specificaly for the std. cabs but not in 304. It's aluminized. Your truck is the same length as ext short and that kit will work. You'll have the midle pipe with the big bend in it and it'll look funky under their because it's got a bend for no reason.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
I have a cat back kit from magnaflow on mine that was for a crew cab short bed. Just had to cut the pipe coming out of the muffler. If I would have thought ahead a bit I would have just left the muffler out. Ended up straight piping later on.

·
Registered
2005 GMC Yukon XL with Quadrasteer. LBZ conversion by Duraburb
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Options

Well, I looks like there are some options left. There are a few MBRP exhausts out there in T-409, both duals and singles.

Silverline is still making a T-304 system but I don't know how it measures up to MBRP in build quality, power, and sound quality/level.

How does Silverline measure up?

-P.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Silverline and MBRP are basically one in the same...

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
We sell lots of Silverline kits and have never had any problems with standard cabs. Silverline makes all of their kits for the longest wheel base trucks, so if you have a smaller one you do not use all of the pipe. In your case you would end up with a bunch left over. If you want a 304 down pipe back kit without the converter order this one http://www.hdiesel.com/productdetail.asp?ID=3. With all the extra pipe you could probably get rid of the curvy part.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.