Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Out of the blue, my stock ‘15 GMC Duramax had a dead dash (no LED screen, no instruments), no nav and won’t turn over. Electrical door locks and head lights still work but that’s about it. The batteries and terminal connections are good. I’ve checked the fuses on the left side of the dash but nothing is blown. I’ve searched these forums til my eyes hurt. Any ideas?

·
Administrator
16,344 Posts
Have you individually load tested your batteries? A load test is different from a voltage test.
Checked your fuses under the hood?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I have not load tested them, but they’re only 8-9 months old. I haven’t gotten to the fuses under the hood yet but will in the morning. I had to leave it parked tonight unfortunately. I’ve looked through the fuse box list and see nothing that could have done all that.

I did have a leaking windshield for a while where rain water would come out of the dash and drip onto the emergency brake. It’s possible that whole fuse box is shorted out.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Many signals from different modules are routed thru the BCM and that communicates with the ECM. Most don't realize that most any bad electrical device could be the cause of your truck not turning over or starting. Your leaking windshield would be the first target for me to look at to solve the problem.

·
Premium Member
17,906 Posts
I replaced the underhood fuse panel on a 2015 @39k miles, 1.5 years old, due to the lid not being seated and it filled with water. My symptom was backup lights stuck on, but the water damage (corrosion) was massive across the whole board inside.

Reactions: rob1

·
Registered
319 Posts
I replaced the underhood fuse panel on a 2015 @39k miles, 1.5 years old, due to the lid not being seated and it filled with water. My symptom was backup lights stuck on, but the water damage (corrosion) was massive across the whole board inside.
I agree with what heymccall said, but will also add, A corroded fuse block can have a unbelievable number of symptoms, depending on what circuit or circuits are corroded. Quick check is pull a few of the fuses/relays out 1 by 1 and look for corrosion on the terminals.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts