Diesel Place banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a problem while driving yesterday. I was on the freeway and went to make a pass, when it seemed like I lost power. I realized I had power up until I hit 2000rpm. I pulled over and completely disconected the Bully Dog DynoDominator (I had it on level 3). After 15min the truck ran fine, but now, even stock, I can recreate the same problem by getting on it. Did I limp it? I checked for codes with three code checkers and found none (even OnStar said there was no problems). If I did limp it, why isnt there a code? I receltly had a dual tank kit put on with a 70gal in bed tank. I had it put in with a tank selector switch and all. They had to cut the fuel lines to put it in. Could this cause the problem somehow? The fuel filter has less than 5K on it. I know I'm new but any info would be appreciated. I have an appointment on Monday morning to have the dealer look at it. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
You didnt limp the tranny as when the tranny limps it only allows third reverse and park but you can still go over 2000 rpm.

You limped the engine. Confusing that there is no code. It would be really helpfull if you filled out your signature so that we no what kind of truck you are running

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Try changing your fuel filter, you could have gotten some debris that was in the new tank caught up in the filter, or a bad load of fuel.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts