Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read a lot of posts about catback and didn't have a clue, so I sent a PM to a person who said catback was a muffler system that goes from the catalytic converter back.

So today it is warm, I crawled under my truck, and I don't think I have one. I see a muffler, but that is all. Do all trucks have them or just those in the land of milk and honey.??

·
Registered
326 Posts

·
Registered
5,108 Posts
Yeah, some LB7's do have the cat for emissions... its lucky you dont have one. you don't have to worry about EGR, cat, SEL, etc, etc...

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
If you have one it will be next to the tranny.
Mine has one...want me to pull it out of the garage rafters and show you):h

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Turbo back

Thanks for the info. I assumed it would be before the muffler if I had one, and there isn't anything there but a staight pipe. So if I were to go to a 4" exhaust, would I then need a system that goes from the turbo back since I don't have a cat??

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Yes, if you wanted the full benifits of having a 4" exhaust. You could do a cat-back if you wanted to save a few $$$. I can't wait to get to the lower 48 so I don't have to pay for shipping of a system.

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Turbo back is very expensive. Not very many companies make one.
Down tube back is more common.
Becareful when ordering, some companies call a downtubeback system a turboback system.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Most companies call the downpipe back a turbo back system. There is only a couple of companies that actually have a different pipe for off the turbo.

·
Registered
11,311 Posts
I figured that but wasnt completely sure. I should have assumed that the Cali and NE trucks had cats. Why would a SC truck have a cat? Its either a Cali, NE or Federal...What else is there?

What emissions package is on the Canadian trucks?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.