Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought my 97 had an auto-off on the dome light if you left it on. Ya know, something other than the batteries going dead, like you find in the morning...:rolleyes:

If this apparently isnt a feature is it possible to add it?

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
You don't have a dome override button to shut it off so it doesn't come back on when you open the door? My 96 does. The lights also go off if I have the lights on and shut the door.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, it functions normally as a dome light. The Dome override switch works as it should. Everything is fine in that aspect.

I thought trucks had the auto-off/power-save/whatever feature in them by 97 though. Ya know, like the newer trucks will turn off the headlights if left on for 20 minutes after the ignition key is removed.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
I'm not sure on that one. I thought that started in 99 for trucks or something.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Naaaaaa........that didn't become a feature at least until the new body style came out.

Back in '97 they had 12 volt power to everything, which made repairs and such incredibly simple. None of this fancy computer controlled bullcrap we've got now.

·
Registered
642 Posts
My 98 has auto off on the center dome light. The outer 2 are switched at the light.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
He's talking about the headlights staying on after you shut the truck off, packratt. Nice thinking though, I thought the same thing at first then figured it out.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I also have a '98 K2500, if you leave the lights on after you shut the truck off, they will turn off by themselves when the battery dies........

1 - 8 of 8 Posts