Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got done wiring a 7-way connector in the front of my bed for my slide-in camper. I have not used the connector yet, I always double check my wiring with my volt meter first. I checked the brake, turn, running lights, back-up lights and they all show power correctly. I was using the lower left, white wire, connector as my ground to check all the connections so my - is good. But when I checked the upper right, red wire, it does not have 12v. It should be the constant 12v for charging the aux batteries in the camper, correct? That is how my 01 was wired. I also checked the rear connector and it too does not have 12v going to it. I have checked it with and without the engine running. Is there a fuse for this? Or is there something else I should be looking for?

Thanks,
Jeff

·
Registered
851 Posts
fuse goes under the hood on the driver side fenderwell. GM puts a "dummy" red piece of plastic in the location. "aux a" or "stud 1" It's the one closest to the radiator.

·
Registered
851 Posts
BTW, the fuse came taped to your brake control pigtail in the glovebox.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I will check it out... What size fuse recommended? I have some 10's and 15's on hand...

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, thanks again...

Jeff

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks trailerpro. It works. One more question... I ordered a prodigy brake controller and it should be here Tuesday. Was that fuse that came with the wiring harness going in that location anyway, to be used with the controller?

Thanks in advance,
Jeff

·
Registered
851 Posts
The fuse strapped to the brake control harness doesn't have anything to do with the brake control. It only runs the 12+ in the plugs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts