Diesel Place banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i had nitto terra grapplers, SUCKED, in my opinon, UNSAFE, hydroplaned all the time n didnt last at all, currently have toyo mt's like em alot pretty dam good wear pretty good appearance and ride, i really want mud grapplers, LOOKS BADASS, i love the sound of em too, and they are some goin tires from all i've heard, i just dont want em to wear out n no time, i'v seen where some ppl say they lasted for a long ass time otheres the opposit, i drive ,mostly 60mph highway and 35mph winding mountain 2 lanes and of course slow in town driving, this is my dailydriver, i just wanna know what im looking at here, and will be 35 12.50s, also i know their great in snow but what bout rain? hydroplaning?

thankyou, kevin

·
Banned
5,174 Posts
Not sure bout them but I got Bridgestone AT Revos and will never have another tire again. I got 33's and absolutely love them. Best in snow, rain, mud, whatever. Just my .02

·
Registered
469 Posts
If you had one set that sucked, why get another, IMO. Cherokee, NC? I'm over the mountain in Wanyesville so I'm looking for something that'll be worth something on these mountain roads too.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well it was the terra grappler, i lookin into mud grappler, but yeah these roads eat tires!!!! especially on 3/4 ton trucks with the weight, but yea we not far apart nice ride

·
Registered
469 Posts
well it was the terra grappler, i lookin into mud grappler, but yeah these roads eat tires!!!! especially on 3/4 ton trucks with the weight, but yea we not far apart nice ride

Thanks man. A lot of people say the mud grappler won't last very long. How are the Toyo M/T's on mountain roads?

·
Registered
742 Posts
I had a set of mud grapplers, would not own another set. They wore about what could be expected, had about 13K and about 1/4 tread on them when I took them off. They had road manners like a tractor tire, you could feel every tread as it rolled to a stop. The worst part was the noise, you couldn't talk to the passenger if you had the window down and you could hear tire noise long before you heard the truck. Hard to even hear the truck while driving it.
Sounded like a farm tractor in road gear.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I have the mud grapplers and love them.....but my truck isn't my daily driver.

·
Registered
442 Posts
I had them on a lifted F150..... noisy as ever. They wore Ok for me, they had about 10K on them when I sold the truck, and still had a lot of tread left. AT least 75%.

I rotated them every oil change, I think that is the key to making them last a while.

Now I have terra grapplers on my LMM.

·
Banned
5,174 Posts
The key Ive noticed in ANY aggressive tire pattern is to rotate often and keep air pressure exact. Ive seen super swampers last quite awhile on that alone. You look at the Baja MTZ's (think thAts waht they called). I liked those on my buddys truck.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sound Is Not Issue I Actually Like Their Sound Kinda, But Wat Yal Are Saying Is With Good Often Rotation And Pressure Monitoring I Can Get Good Treadlife? Because This I Can Do If It Will Get Good Treadlife, Also Any Knowledge Of How Safe In Rain? My Toyo Mts Are Safest I've Ever Had In Rain Never Hydroplaned, Also Pretty Great Life, I Just Like The Mud Grappler Appearance Alot, Just Want To Know How They Should Do

·
Registered
142 Posts
Mine seem to be wearing pretty well for an aggressive tire. I'm going to guess I'll get 20k out of them. Considering it's a soft tire meant to grip in off road conditions I don't think that amount of mileage is bad.

Rain handling is good. I was taking it easy thinking they were going to break loose on me on wet off ramps but they gripped well and I was able to go as fast as I liked. Does well in the sand too.

And they're an E rated tire so I don't worry towing heavy with them.

·
Registered
272 Posts
2007.5 Lmm

I own a set of Pro Comp Xtreme M/T's and I love um. I say they have a little road noise but all in all a great looking and proforming tire.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i love their appearance and sound, i think i'll give em a shot i hope they last!!! i don't tow much jus few fourwheelers/dirtbikes here and there, and won't be burnin em off, just curvy steep mountain 2 lanes seem to be harder on tires, i want to get best mileage possible out of them, they will be 35 12.50 18's, does anyone know how often i should rotate?? and what pressure to maintain front and rear in them to LAST LONGEST???

·
Registered
553 Posts
my friend has 38 on a 22 rim on his hummer h2.. has maybe 7k on them and they look shot...
he is the reason i dident go with M/G... did some research anf went with toyo m/t.. i have just a hair over 3k on them and they still have nipples...and i beat them up plenty

·
Registered
56 Posts
i had nitto terra grapplers, SUCKED, in my opinon, UNSAFE, hydroplaned all the time n didnt last at all, currently have toyo mt's like em alot pretty dam good wear pretty good appearance and ride, i really want mud grapplers, LOOKS BADASS, i love the sound of em too, and they are some goin tires from all i've heard, i just dont want em to wear out n no time, i'v seen where some ppl say they lasted for a long ass time otheres the opposit, i drive ,mostly 60mph highway and 35mph winding mountain 2 lanes and of course slow in town driving, this is my dailydriver, i just wanna know what im looking at here, and will be 35 12.50s, also i know their great in snow but what bout rain? hydroplaning?

thankyou, kevin
Hate to let you know this but Toyo tires and Nitto tires are made by the same company and just have different brands. Toyo is the parent company of Nitto. For those non-believers look at the Toyo M/T and the Nitto Mud grapplers, all are available in the exact same sizes. Same with many of their other tires.

As for me I like the Toyos, but have always been a BFGoodrich fan. All of their tires are much lighter and just as strong. They get the power to the ground better. But I have been running Toyo M/T b/c the new KM2s don't have the size I want. Ha!

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
The key Ive noticed in ANY aggressive tire pattern is to rotate often and keep air pressure exact. Ive seen super swampers last quite awhile on that alone. You look at the Baja MTZ's (think thAts waht they called). I liked those on my buddys truck.
Love my Mickey MTZ's. Got 20k on them and 50% or better tread left.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.