Diesel Place banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

I have just joined today and I can definetley say I learned a lot from all of you sharing your experiences in alternative diesel fuels.

As I am from Europe I am facing unprecedently high fuel costs and I am sure many of you are.
I want to purchase a 2001 Nissan Patrol Y61 Direct Injection 115KW SWB to finally have my own offroad machine, but is is not light on fuel :).
I would like to hear your thoughts on running it on a 1 Micron filtered WMO mixed with either gasoline or diesel as an alternative fuel.
I know the viscosity of the fuel is very important in common rail diesel engines as to protect the fuel injectors and pump.
Has anyone been running this particular engine model on any particular mix of WMO please? Anyy issue or tips you could share?

·
Administrator
22,032 Posts
Hello Everyone,

I have just joined today and I can definetley say I learned a lot from all of you sharing your experiences in alternative diesel fuels.

As I am from Europe I am facing unprecedently high fuel costs and I am sure many of you are.
I want to purchase a 2001 Nissan Patrol Y61 Direct Injection 115KW SWB to finally have my own offroad machine, but is is not light on fuel :).
I would like to hear your thoughts on running it on a 1 Micron filtered WMO mixed with either gasoline or diesel as an alternative fuel.
I know the viscosity of the fuel is very important in common rail diesel engines as to protect the fuel injectors and pump.
Has anyone been running this particular engine model on any particular mix of WMO please? Anyy issue or tips you could share?
Welcome to DieselPlace.
Running WMO and WVO has been discussed many times here and can be beneficial as an alternative during high fuel prices.
The key is always filtration.

You can head on over to the Bio Diesel/Alternative fuel section to read up on all the discussions: Bio-Diesel/Alternative Fuels and Supplements
(y)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts