Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For all of you that have installed this, it is recommended in the instructions to purchase fuel line removal tool, did you guys do this or did it like any of us real world home mechanics do it...Just curious. I hate buying a tool I will use 1 time. I got a bunch of those...LOL

Thanks

Jeff

·
Registered
7,187 Posts
Duramax Dually said:
For all of you that have installed this, it is recommended in the instructions to purchase fuel line removal tool, did you guys do this or did it like any of us real world home mechanics do it...Just curious. I hate buying a tool I will use 1 time. I got a bunch of those...LOL

Thanks

Jeff

SEARS has it for less than $10.00.........LISLE model 37000

Go get one, it is well worth it.

Had my lines off in 5 minutes

T
NY

·
Registered
78 Posts
While waiting delivery of my d/a I found this site, I'm just as hungry as anyone to know the pro's and con's of our d/a investment. When I stumpled upon this site and read all the problems owners were having with this fuel filtering issue, it made me second quess if I should cancel my d/a and order the gas version. (this is my first diesel, thought I would never get over the noise until I drover one) I know some about diesels use to work for the City bus transportaion company (Detroit Diesels, with a 2spd allison). Here's my point/question are we only going after the "fix" by installing the secondary filter sounds like to me we should be going after the "root cause" and have some sort of filter appratus when we fill up and filter it before it can even dare cause any problems. I'm not sure how long it may take to fill the tank with this method, any engineers out there.

·
Registered
6,063 Posts
Chalie,

Don't cancel your order.. you'll love the truck! as for filtering the fuel at the pump, the 2 micron filters don't have the GPH rate required. an added benefit of having it in your truck instead of the pump is that the fuel will get recirculated through the 2 micron filter and back to the tank via the return line... so you actaully will get more than 1 pass through the filter on your fuel, which makes it even cleaner than using the same filter at the pump!

The Dmax is a great engine. i have a buddy who traded his 8.1 for one and never regretted his decision..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts