Diesel Place banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed my Nicktane filter yesterday!!! Had a few minor problems I was not expecting. I had one of the filter plate mounting bolts just lock up!!!! I know it was not cross threaded because I was able to spin the nut on with my fingers until it hit the plastic collar. Darn thing locked up sloid and even my impact wouldn't budge it. Guess 3 bolts will have to do for the mounting plate.

The other problem I had was just barely having enough fuel line to hook to the stock hard line. Maybe I made too gentle of a bend going from the tank to the filter!!!! Made this a bear to hook up not having a little extra slack really made it tough!!! I found it much easier to work on this one by just removing the 2 bolts holding the fuel cooler to the frame and letting it hang down.

I got it all in filled the filter and it fired right up and ran without trouble. I did bleed it after it had run a while but I didn't really get any air out of it.

Very nice product and a well put togther package.

Today I cleaned up my install a bit adding more hose wrap to protect the rubber line. Couldn't get the spiral stuuf from the kit into some spots so I cut some 3/4" heater hose length wise and slid it over the fuel line. Worked like a champ.

After driving the truck a bit more I could swear it idles quieter too!!!!Edited by: BigdaddyG

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have 350 miles on my new 04 d/a and would like to have the nicktane kit installed onto my truck, does anyone know who would be interested in this installation, I live in the N.E. part of Philadelphia, right off exit 28 of the Pa. Turnpike.

Thanks

·
Registered
6,063 Posts
Chalie,

i would PM hoot if he knows anywhere..he is near that area i believe.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts