Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone has put a nicktane fuel filter on there 06' LBZ motors yet? And are they easy to install? Thanks

·
Premium Member
14,363 Posts
I was wondering if anyone has put a nicktane fuel filter on there 06' LBZ motors yet? And are they easy to install? Thanks
I have one but it's been too cold here (Michigan) to put it on. Should be no different that earlier models.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Mine worked. I have the long bed, Nick didn't tell me it would work, but it did. No problems, very quick install

·
Registered
9 Posts
Nictane Install

Just finished mine. Took me about 2 hours. I do recommend that you unbolt the driveshaft at the back and just lay it aside. You just need enough room to get up in there to be able to see the top of the tank. That makes it much easier. Just took a few minutes to bleed the air out. Then re-started easily. My truck had 90 miles on it at that time, now I know it will only get very clean fuel. I recommend this addition to ensure your reliability. Your chance of any fuel porblems are nill with this set-up.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Install

I installed mine on Tuesday with no problems. What I found the easiest was to lay with my head behind the muffler, between the drive shaft and the tire, then look up and towards the driverside and the line closest to you on top of the tank is the one you dissconnect. I didnt even have to jack the truck up for this. I used a 3/8" drill bit for the final bracket bolt holes.

Ace

1 - 5 of 5 Posts