Diesel Place banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From now until Dec. 31, 2003 if you order a Nicktane Fuel Filter Kit I will throw in an extra filter (so you will have 1 spare) for free! This will save you $20 off the regular price.

www.nicktane.com

Happy Holidays!

NickEdited by: Diesel Power

·
Registered
9,300 Posts
Ahhhhhh
I missed it by 2 days........
Just my luck :(

·
Registered
194 Posts
What will installing this on my 3500 do? I am not sure how i will benefit from this? Anyone have it or able to answer my question.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Picture your injectors being pelted with particles that are guaranteed to get past GM's poorly designed OEM fuel filter. These particles act as sand in a miny sand blaster providing reduced fuel control from your injectors. Each injector costs $350 or so with, IIRC, about 12-14 hours of installation labor.

George Morrison provided a microscopic picture of a Dmax injector with just this damage.

·
Registered
7,187 Posts
Ltrain said:
What will installing this on my 3500 do? I am not sure how i will benefit from this? Anyone have it or able to answer my question.

There has been concern for some time about the quality of diesel fuel and it's effect on the High Pressure Injectors in the Dmax engine.

The Filter Kit allows the installation of the CAT Diesel 2 micron filter in the Dmax fuel system so the the fuel is pre-filtered to 2 mn before the Factory filter.

This does two things, it allows multiple passes of fuel thru 2 filters and increases the cleanlieness of the fuel.

Nick has had a fuel analysis done and a link can be found by clicking onto the Nicktane banner ad or look in the Nicktane forum.

I have had mine installed for some time now and have had zero problems.......

T
NYEdited by: GMC-2002-Dmax

·
Registered
514 Posts
Installation is very easy and straight forward. Nick's kit is absolutely complete, the only items to buy for install are drill, drill bits, wrenches/sockets and ratchet, ViceGrips (helpful but not absolutely necessary), LISLE QR tool, thread sealant and gasket goo. The beauty is that the entire system can be returned to stock if your dealer has a problem with the idea of the clean fuel for the injectors. Take a swing thru the Nicktane forum, lots of good info and tips there.

On edit I forgot to mention the flat tip screw driver needed to tighten the clamps and a sharp (cable cutters, knife, etc;) item to cut the fuel hose.Edited by: Hound

·
Registered
747 Posts
Looks like I need to dust off the old credit card and place an order! You will be receiving an order from me shortly. Thanks Nick!

·
Registered
25 Posts
My first recommendation after buying a D/A is to get Nick's filter system. It's money well spent.

·
Registered
6,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
15k is a good starting point for filter replacement.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
I have read before that guys needed to prime the system everytime the went to start there engine. Is this a problem with installing after market filters. Also...is it for sure GM will not have problem with the alteration to the fuel system? I am just thinking of my 100,000wrty on the engine.

·
Registered
514 Posts
NoWake200 said:
I have read before that guys needed to prime the system everytime the went to start there engine. Is this a problem with installing after market filters. Also...is it for sure GM will not have problem with the alteration to the fuel system? I am just thinking of my 100,000wrty on the engine.

NoWake, The priming problem that folks had seems to have pretty much gone away. It was most frequently discussed with another filter kit and filter location. I have yet to have any problem with Nick's kit since I put it in approx 3,000 miles ago. As for warranty issues, that's up to your dealer to decide. They can void a warranty for just about whatever they like. Someone had a problem with warranty because their receipt for something like an OEM fuel filter did not have the vehicle's vin on it so they said that the part couldn't be proven to have been serviced on that vehicle. If it's a warranty question, it's best to speak with your dealer first as they have the authority to make the warranty void claim.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just got off the phone and ordered my Nicktane fuel filter. I feel much safer about my truck now. As is the case with everyone on here he was very helpful. Now that my fuel is safer for my injectors what do you suggest I start losing sleep over next? Air filter? Oil?

Money is always an issue but I can't afford to not take care of my investment in the truck either. Great site, thoroughly enjoy reading posts.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Hound, thank you for the info...I plan on going to the dealer tomorrow to pick up some parts.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts