Diesel Place banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys my truck is turning the curve at 111,000 miles and im thinking of puting a nicktane set up on my truck just to help prevent injector failure past the 200,000 mark. My question is have any of you that have been running this set up had injector failures lets say within 20,000 miles? just want to know if the 200 bucks is going to save me 4,000:cool:

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Very cheap insurance,not only for injectors but CP3 etc. I would also recommend some sort of lubricity additive because the new fuels are very low lubricity.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I agree -The nicktane filter kit is Very cheap insurance. and always use the newest and cleanest fuel you can find, (like a truckstop) and, use a lubricity addative. A little bit of care adds up.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply I guess i should have added it at 94K when the new squirters were put in, I always use eather lucus Extreme or their normal fuel additive

·
Registered
812 Posts
My Nicktane was installed at 63K miles. First set of injectors were replaced at 153K miles and should have been replaced about 10K miles earlier. Now at 191K miles and still running strong. I replace the CAT 1R-0749 every 20K miles. Small price to pay for peace of mind. I also replace the factory fuel filter at 40K now. The savings from having to buy factory filter every 10K mile have more than paid for the kit.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thats awesome im sold 90k after 63k thats good is that cat filter out of a loader? i regularly buy f.f. for my 05 skidsteer but that one the show is off of a 988b or something

·
Registered
812 Posts
cooperhauling;1566306; said:
is that cat filter out of a loader? i regularly buy f.f. for my 05 skidsteer but that one the show is off of a 988b or something
Don't know, I just buy the one mentioned above as I see CAT dealers on the road. I think I have only changed the filter once at my house, the rest of the time I'm out of state.

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
I installed my nictane filter at 1500 miles, had two injectors replaced at 10,000 miles. Used Stanadyne lubricity the whole time too. 37000 miles now and no failures since. The extra filtration is going to help but not prevent all failures

·
Registered
868 Posts
I put one on at 10K miles and at 74K miles have had no injector issues.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts