Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am still used to my crappy fords mileage..I have pretty much hit 300 miles and not even at a half tank yet..friggin crazy, figure according to ya'lls numbers getting 600 a tank should be normal...nice, my ford would do about 650 for 42 gallons..and that was ONLY on the interstate and this has been all city driving stop and go...wicked

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
If the 34 gallon tank is anything like the 26 gallon, Then you are in for a rude awakining. I go 300+ miles on the first half all the time. And only 125-150 on the second half with 2-3 gallon left in the tank.

I would think that you should get about 600-620 miles and be down to 3-4 gallon left in the tank. That is if you get 18-19 mpg.Edited by: hdmax

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Send a man to the moon but cant get an accurate fuel metering system in a $40,000 truck.

Mine does the same, I get probaby 2/3 of my mileage before it reaches half on the indicator.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Yep, mine too!

·
Registered
817 Posts
Ditto.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Every time I've checked my fuel mileage at the pump (trip meter miles divided by gallons refilled) my calculated MPG was within 0.3MPG of what the computer was telling me.

·
Registered
98 Posts
When I get 300mi on mine in town I'm about at 1/4 tank.For some reason I don't get as good a mileage as everyone else,15 city-18highway is about it.Must be the size 13 right foot.

·
Registered
541 Posts
A guaging system with the accuracy you want would be expensive. Float systems will never be accurate. Airplanes have a accurate guaging system but it is expensive.

Tom

1 - 8 of 8 Posts