Diesel Place banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
arrived last week, would have to eat a $80 restocking fee if i return as far as i can read up on. i will call newegg as soon as it is 8 AM there and ask them.

I opened it and played around with it a bit and it is awesome runs full XP Pro with office 2007, adobe photoshop etc etc (not included only XP Home) and really has 6 hrs battery time with the 6 cell.

I have not used the mail in rebate either, so here is the newegg link for $549

really just do not want to loose the 15% restocking fee, if i do not have to pay that i will just send it back, it is -> brandnew, all the packaging of course still there and the twirly things to put the cables back together and everything.

I would ship it to your house for $550 insured as it weighs ... next to nothing.

in person i would take a small hit obviously but not too much.

Just wanted to know if someone here has interest.

rgds

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
if you click on the newegg link you can find the specs and user reviews and all that.

there is a HUGE following behind the WIND (WIreless Networking Device) as it beats the EEE Pc and all other ultra mobile notebooks by far, you can find a lot of reviews on it,
for example :

MSI Wind (Windows XP)
This 10-inch mini-notebook has good computing punch and impressive endurance.

quoting :
Verdict
If there were a Survivor: The Mini-Notebook series, and each of the ultra–low-cost notebooks were incrementally eliminated, the MSI Wind NB would be the one left standing. Unlike its competitors, the Wind NB offers the complete package, including an adult-size keyboard, a larger 10-inch screen, and a very capable Atom processor. This system’s solid performance, stellar 5-plus hours of battery life, and $549.99 price make it the best all-around mini-notebook to date.

MSI Wind notebook starts the storm

quoting :
Review: All you can eat in 10 inches
MSI's Notebook version of Wind was quite promising from day one, but we were concerned that this tiny notebook looked too good on paper. We managed to get one of the first samples of Wind PC U100, and after a few days with it, we can tell you that this machine is generally better than we expected.

or here : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MSI_Wind_PC

mine is the highest end version with 6 cell battery !

·
Registered
543 Posts
Does this have a wi-fi card already installed? This would be sweet for EFI!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.