Diesel Place banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just took delivery of my new 2500HD Duramax so I felt like joining here at last then I checked my stickers on the truck and find that it was built 2/17/06 and I took delivery 3/11/06. I think that makes it a NEW truck! The dealer commented that they had just gotten it and it was the newest one on the lot. Now I know what they meant. I found an interesting thing while looking at 5 different trucks at the dealer(the wife shopping colors). The older the '06 build the higher the price they showed for the diesel package on the sticker. Ours was 7555.00 with an 850.00 discount(??) off of that list price. I wonder why they are changing the sticker listing downward? Anyone know about this issue. I do like what I bought and WILL NOT be taking it back!

·
Registered
31,525 Posts
Welcome :) I don't know the answer to your question but never look back. ;)

·
Registered
61 Posts
I just took delivery of my new 2500HD Duramax so I felt like joining here at last then I checked my stickers on the truck and find that it was built 2/17/06 and I took delivery 3/11/06. I think that makes it a NEW truck! The dealer commented that they had just gotten it and it was the newest one on the lot. Now I know what they meant. I found an interesting thing while looking at 5 different trucks at the dealer(the wife shopping colors). The older the '06 build the higher the price they showed for the diesel package on the sticker. Ours was 7555.00 with an 850.00 discount(??) off of that list price. I wonder why they are changing the sticker listing downward? Anyone know about this issue. I do like what I bought and WILL NOT be taking it back!

I have noticed the same thing. My dealer said that recently GM revised their pricing downward. Don't know why though. We were locating a truck and he pulled 2 identical invoices one was 2,000 less and it was more recently built.:confused:

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
I have noticed the same thing. My dealer said that recently GM revised their pricing downward. Don't know why though.
Marketing.
Trying to stay ahead of Ford/Dodge/Toyota/Nissan.
Employee pricing.
$2000 rebates.
Reduced sticker, $1000 rebates.

Out-the-door price is pretty consistent, or even higher.

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
:welcome: from Florida.
Good to have you in the brother (and sister)hood. When you get a chance, create a signature and list your truck options and any modifications so users can help you better. Also, post pics of your rig in your "Garage" because....

:nopics:​

·
Registered
73 Posts
Howdy! from Texas:beerchug:

·
Registered
405 Posts
Welcome to the forums. I bought mine on March 14th and it was built on February 21st. I also got the discount. Guess the more they build, the better the price, eh?
:exactly:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mileage update

I haven't been able to drive the new truck as much as I wished do to being ill but I have gotten a few short term mileage numbers. First fillup by the dealer netted a 22.1 mpg number over some 120 miles. Most recent is from the "gallons used" on the DIC along with "trip b" counter which is putting me at 18.9 for city mileage. Yeah i have been driving around town and showing it to friends!!:cool2:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Great mileage!!

Today it turned 25.3 on a short trip of 250 or so miles! I think that's great!:cool2: :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
The difference in price and discount you noticed is based on the difference between LT1 vs LT2 or LT3 trim option package.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
City mileage

It takes so long to get a city mileage number because of the short trips and stuff. But I finally have one of 17.4 MPG. Taking a trip to day with whole family and IF we don't kill each other I should have a full tank used in highway miles. Plus I now am running Biodiesel ! I hope it will help with the mileage.

·
Registered
60 Posts
It`s really no mystery... GM has been announcing they will lower prices before they start again with the Rebate/Low interest game. So a product 3-4 Months old will be priced higher.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts