Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi , just got off the phone with banks tech guy. I have the older version of thne six-gun, and wanted to know about getting it updated. At first the guy said there was no "new" version. After I told him about the info. I've read on this forum about the two versions, then he said there was a newer part number, but that was the only change. last two digits on the old number are 57, and 67 on the new "part number". Since it was like talking to a wall I just left it at that and said bye.

So I geuss my question is is there really a difference in programming and is it worth calling the "wall" back to get it updated?

thanks Andy

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Hi , just got off the phone with banks tech guy. I have the older version of thne six-gun, and wanted to know about getting it updated. At first the guy said there was no "new" version. After I told him about the info. I've read on this forum about the two versions, then he said there was a newer part number, but that was the only change. last two digits on the old number are 57, and 67 on the new "part number". Since it was like talking to a wall I just left it at that and said bye.

So I geuss my question is is there really a difference in programming and is it worth calling the "wall" back to get it updated?

thanks Andy
There is a big difference in programming. Get it reflashed, it's free!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
will give the "wall" a call back, hopfully I'll get a different brick.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
It became available on 6-28-2004. You can do a search under PeterT. Scroll down to Six-Gun Racebox now available. You'll find more information there.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Scotty, as I was reading through the posts by petert I recieved a phone call from Mitch at Banks. He was much better than the tech guy I talked to earlier, and answered all my questions, and definately sounded like he knew what he was talking about. He actually told me things about their products instead of me telling him.

All better now, thanks, Andy

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Always ready to help out a fellow Six-Gunner. Let us know what you think of the new tunes when/if you get the module updated.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts