Diesel Place banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys what's goin' on? I joined up a few days ago and am just now getting around to posting something. I've just gotten a 1995 chevy silverado, extended cab, long bed, C2500 with 66K mi on it. It has the 6.5td, vin F and is stock all the way around. Four speed auto trans and 4.10 gears. On my first tank I got 16mpg and am thinking of changing the gears to 3.73 because I dont do alot of towing and would like some better mileage. I talked to a friend about the swap and he said that I would have to have my computer re-programed to read the correct speed. Anyone know anything about this? Well, I'll catch ya'll later. Tell me what you think.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
First off welcome to the Diesel Place, and as far as your gear change you could probaly correct your spedo with a tuner of some sort but dont hold me to it better go the 6.5 section and ask you will definetly get the right answer there!!

Good Luck
Caleb

·
Registered
16,973 Posts
Welcome to the Diesel Place. I think you will find this site to have tons of information and knowledgeable people that will help you along the way. Please do not hesitate to ask any questions. Use the search feature as many have asked the questions that you need answers to. It will be your friend. Thanks for joining up, we are happy to have you and most of all, Enjoy..

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
:welcome:
Good to have you in the brother (and sister)hood. When you get a chance, create a signature and list all those things you just listed in it so users can help you easier. Also, get some pics of your new rig posted in your "Garage".

1 - 4 of 4 Posts