Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So hopefully I didn;t make a mistake, I take delivery of a 2003 2500HD 4wd with the duramax and the 6 speed on tueday, how are these engines holding up lately?? I forgot to look, do these engines have catalytic converters on them, I know my powerstroke did...

*edit*..disregard, I answered the cat questions, seems just the california emissions ones do...*Edited by: Wickedsprint

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
Nice Sig and welcome .....

You made No mistake ..... GMC or Bowtie ?? Follow the maintenance schedule, add a 2um secondary (the consensus is the Factory Racor is not doing an adequate job and is being rated 5 um or greater) filter of YOUR OWN Personal preference and enjoy the ride ....

Mac

·
Registered
199 Posts
Welcome.
You made no mistake...........get a few mods done(juice),
and enjoy asking the guys driving things like Mustangs
if they were aware that they came with V-8's too!!

Tom

·
Registered
987 Posts
That funny crunching sound , I wondered what it was . Yup, its that silly hyundai with 4" chrome exhaust tip and 3 ft spoiler, its stuck in my air filter.

v 8 mustangs WHAT A CONCEPT !

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, it's of the bowtie variety, and happened to be red since I told them I could care less of the color, and that is what happened to be the color of the one that satisfied the majority of my requirements. I missed out on the rear locker...ohw ell, the 4wd will have to work a hair harder I guess *shrugs*

·
Registered
106 Posts
hello Wickedsprint

We just switched our fleet trucks now.. All 2003 are all duramax units.. There was no way i was going to get the new
powerstroke 6.0.. To many bugs with the 6.0 Love are new duramax's..

Good luck keep in touch

From steve

1 - 7 of 7 Posts