Diesel Place banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been reading the post for the past month and enjoy this site quite a bit.... So here is my question.... I just recently got my 04 2500 HD 4X4 A/D and today for the first time I left the house for work and on the FWY (5 min into) about 65-70 MPH the truck lost power and smoked really badly and recoverd quickly. A few miles up the road it did it again and since thgn it been fine all day, i'm confused, bad fuel, injector??????

Any ideas?????

Thanks a bunch

·
Registered
233 Posts
Uplink

My '04 did basically the same thing, but only one time (so far
). I took it to the dealership and they ran some tests, but they didn't find anything (no codes). I've put about 500 more miles on it and I haven't had the problem again. On another subject, if you haven't already done so, you need to check the oil levels of your truck's axles. I checked mine at about 300 miles and both were low. The front axle was one quart low and the rear was a little over one quart low. Apparently the dealership didn't bother to check the fluid levels when they received the truck from the manufacturer.

Good luck with your new truck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.