Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, new to the forum and new to diesel trucks. Picked up a 2011 lml with 49K miles. In doing the prelimanary research I was really tempted to go LMM after reading aboute CP4 stuff. Seems to be more of a Ford issue .........if one believes what he reads on the net anyway. My question is does GM cover the fuel pump issues under the powertrain warranty? Second question is, other than fuel filter maintenance, is there anything you can do to mitigate risk of HPFP failure and stay under warranty? What do you guys do out of warranyt to mitigate risk? Maybe i'm paranoid about nothing? Thanks

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Did your research find any cp4 issues on LML's?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There are some accounts on duramax forum. If I remember correctly all were covered under warranty. But that is where my question is. I get that the occurrence is rare. The VW and ford forums are lit up with the issue. Yes I'm sure the gm product uses better filtration but its still the same pump right?

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Better filtration (especially water) has been my assumption as well.

·
Registered
12 Posts
After having my HPFP replaced recently i brought up the same question about coverage to the dealer. I was told that yes the pump is covered under the powertrain as well as injectors.

·
Registered
8 Posts
This is what I found on GMC website.
Powertrain Coverage

GMC will warrant each 2007 through 2013 model year GMC passenger car, light duty truck or van for 5 years or 100,000 miles/160,000 kms. with no deductible, whichever comes first, from the original in-service date of the vehicle, for warrantable repairs which are required as a result of defects due to material and/or workmanship to the Powertrain components as listed below:

Engine

Cylinder head, block, timing gears, timing chain, timing cover, oil pump/oil pump housing, OHC carriers, valve covers, oil pan, seals, gaskets, turbocharger, supercharger and all internal lubricated parts as well as manifolds, flywheel, water pump, harmonic balancer and engine mount. Timing belts are covered until the first scheduled maintenance interval. Exclusions: Excluded from the powertrain coverage are sensors, wiring, connectors, engine radiator, coolant hoses, coolant, and heater core. Coverage on the engine cooling system begins at the inlet to the water pump and ends with the thermostat housing and/or outlet that attaches to the return hose. Also excluded is the starter motor, entire pressurized fuel system (in-tank fuel pump, pressure lines, fuel rail(s), regulator, injectors, and return line) as well as the Engine/Powertrain Control Module and/or module programming.

·
Registered
12 Posts
From what i remember reading in a different post a while back that is for gasoline engines. For diesels most of the fuel system is covered.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts