Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up, fellas........got my new '05 Chevy Silverado 2500 Duramax with the big Allison about 8 months ago. New to the diesel game, but an old hat with jet engines!

I've been reading all the threads with great attention....especially with the engine threads, needless to say. Took the truck in for the steering shaft re-lube. Man did that help. Took it in today with the "mocked up" mysterious surging problem. They kept it until tomorrow and are telling me they will be changing my fuel pressure regulator.:eek: What?! I just made the symptom up and they are changing stuff already. What a bunch of fools!!!

Late....

·
Registered
326 Posts
What's up, fellas........got my new '05 Chevy Silverado 2500 Duramax with the big Allison about 8 months ago. New to the diesel game, but an old hat with jet engines!

I've been reading all the threads with great attention....especially with the engine threads, needless to say. Took the truck in for the steering shaft re-lube. Man did that help. Took it in today with the "mocked up" mysterious surging problem. They kept it until tomorrow and are telling me they will be changing my fuel pressure regulator.:eek: What?! I just made the symptom up and they are changing stuff already. What a bunch of fools!!!

Late....
:funnypost LOL, how do you feel about experimental surgery? Seriously though...you took them your perfectly fine truck for repair of a problem that didn't exist...and they're the fools? :thumb:

·
Registered
6,361 Posts
:funnypost LOL, how do you feel about experimental surgery? Seriously though...you took them your perfectly fine truck for repair of a problem that didn't exist...and they're the fools? :thumb:
The sad part is when you do take it in for a real problem it takes them for ever to get it right. An example the dreaded steering clunk , it took them four trips to the dealer before they got it right:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
:welcome: from Florida.
Good to have you in the brother (and sister)hood. When you get a chance, how 'bout some pics in your "Garage" because....

:nopics:​
you took them your perfectly fine truck for repair of a problem that didn't exist...and they're the fools? :thumb:
Yeah, what he said!!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just got the truck back today! They kept calling me saying there was no problem. I then mentioned the reflashes. OOOHhHhhhh....they said. They looked and there were no updates for my truck. I then told them of the cal id website and they finally reflashed the truck. Only took them 2 days! Last trip to that particular service dept. Hell, it's SoCal.....there are a million around here.......

·
Registered
31,525 Posts
Welcome :) I remember Temecula when it only had a two lane HWY.:eek:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts