Diesel Place banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am sick of my truck falling on its face at each shift with the Edge Juice and want to have a custom tune done for my truck. I had a 2002 Z-71 gasser with a custom LS1 Edit tune, which was awesome compared to the handheld tuners/chips.
Here is what I have on my truck and what I plan on doing, what else should I do? I currently have a muffler back 4" exhaust, K&N cool air intake, gauges, PPE boost valve, and Transgo Jr kit. I plan on putting a full 4" turbo back exhaust including an exhaust brake, BD Exhaust manifold, possibly the full transgo kit including new clutches and because of the tires and the fact that I am going to be towing a large 5er, 4.10 gears. Anything else I should do?
Which tune would be the best for me to use? All I have really heard of is the EFI Live. Are there any others? All I really want is a good performance towing tune, good for of course more power but mileage as well. I don't race or anything of that nature, just tow heavy and work my truck. Help?
BTW, who does a good tune reasonably priced? I don't think I want to buy the software and try it myself, but I might if it is user friendly. I don't want to have to jack with parameters and things that I really don't understand.

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
All the EFI vendors here give a free tune with purchase of EFI V2. EFI offers many great features along with just loading in a tune. You can run an on-the-fly switchable 2 or 5 position tune, change speedo parameters for your tire and gearing changes, scan and clear codes, and you'll never out grow the available power of EFI.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts